Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1st V Players

Go down

Ladies 1st V Players Empty Ladies 1st V Players

Post  Admin Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:32 am

Saturday saw us play Players. A team who sit just above us in the table so a win was what we needed. Alas for those who may have read Andy's summary so far...You will have worked out that this was not to be.

We've had a run of bad luck so far this season so this match was not going to break the chain. In fact, it just decided to follow it with a vengeance.

We started strong...I mean very strong. Within the first 10 min's of the game we were all over the opposition but we just could not score that starting goal that was needed. Then within another 10 mins Players scored a high hitting goal to put us behind 1-0.

This didn’t knock our confidence however and we soon hit back. We pushed forward in to the 'D'...Anna received the ball.....she had her back to the goal...SHOOT SHOOT ...FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHOOT! You can tell we were getting hysterical on the side line at this point. Anyway....Anna (still with her back to the goal) lifted her stick turned and walloped the ball straight in to the back of the net. 1-1. Cum on.

Half Time

Enter Me...I played half a game...(whooooh)

So 1-1 at half time...pressure is on. There then followed a steady 15 mins of play with no real attempt by players to score (other than 1 short corner) but we managed to fight that off. Then Came Taran....We pushed up again and gained a short corner. I can't actually remember how this goal came about...I think I was so dizzy from actually being on the pitch but I know that it was a great goal and it was scored by Taran.

Ok......1-2 to Derby. What could possibly go wrong now.
Ummmmmm.....
- 2 great (totally legal goals) disallowed.
- 1st one was really unlucky. The ball was shot at goal but was returned to the pitch by hitting the post, right in the line of sight of Jan...she shoots, she scores. BUT NOOOOOOOO. The far umpire blows whistle to disallow the goal, saying that it had crossed the line. NO COMMENT - (MAGIC ANTI GRAVITY HOCKEY BALL).
- 2nd because Players broke on a short corner too early...whistle blown after Anna scored a fantastic short, after the ball crossed the line. Umpire signalled for a retake. Huh???? I'm not bitter....just very disappointed, we really did not deserve that Sad

As the game was coming to the last minute...Players attack with a desperate run. A tackle outside the 'D' no worse than any other tackle resulted in a short corner right at full time.

Corner was taken - shot was deflected - own goal was scored. GUTTED Crying or Very sad

Final score 2-2 and a very disappointing game.

We however played fantastic girls and you lot ran your hearts out. We can be proud of our performance as we played hockey. We kept our heads up, right to the end and showed how hockey Should be played.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:40 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down