Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies IIIs vs Staveley II 28/02/09. Report by Louise Hardy

Go down

Ladies IIIs vs Staveley II 28/02/09. Report by Louise Hardy Empty Ladies IIIs vs Staveley II 28/02/09. Report by Louise Hardy

Post  Annie Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:36 am

Match vs Stavely. Lost 3-0

Well we turned up got out of the car and it started spitting with rain but thank god it stop before we started playing. The pitch was a bit like playing in a sand box which unfortunately lead to the ball being in the air quiet a bit this in turn caused lots of injuries including Sara’s very bad cut on her forehead, half the team ended up getting injured thankfully no lasting damage we live to fight another day.

Anyway back to the game we lost L we had the right components passing, receiving, getting into spaces but the bit just weren’t all working together, no one is a culprit to this its just the hockey didn’t work the way we know we can play. Should have drawn or won they just had more luck.
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Ladies IIIs vs Staveley II 28/02/09. Report by Louise Hardy Empty Re: Ladies IIIs vs Staveley II 28/02/09. Report by Louise Hardy

Post  Annie Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:01 am

Thank you Louise for the report.

You'll all be glad to know that Sara is ok. Gluey stitches in A&E after. Note from Sara:
Hello everyone!
Just to say that I am still breathing! A little sore but defo on the road to recovery.
Big thanks to everyone who helped tend to my wound on Saturday. Smile I hope your glove isn't too badly contaminated Louise.
Will be there on Sat to cheer on the sidelines!
Sara xx

Thank you to Sarah Severn for helping us out & bringing us to 11 players on the day when you could've had a lie in and played at Wilsthorpe.
Thank you Jo for playing in goal and well done on Man of the Match and that great high save.
Yeah man I got the donkey award (finally!) for getting an injury to add to the teams injury tally in the final few seconds of the game. Oh that and making Louise cry (I'll keep you guessing)

I think we all played really well. 11 down to 10 & sometimes temporarily less than that given our injury tally took it's toll on us vs Staveley's many extra players. There were some chances on goal including an awesome flying shot from Jenny which their goalie did really well to save. Laura also deserves a mention for her duracell bunny attitude to the game... how much energy!

For me though there was something that really stuck from that game. How 2 teams can play their hearts out against each other and when it came to an injury, we all looked after each other, players, umpires, coaches, husbands. Staveley were very concerned about Sara and called me a couple of times since the game to see how she was doing.
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down