Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!!

+3
Annie
Marie Dymond
Chris
7 posters

Go down

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!! Empty Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!!

Post  Chris Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Mens 3rd's vs Newark, 14/03/2009

Ok, I'll come clean up front. Newark only had 8 players. But often it's difficult to motivate yourself when playing a team with less players. Today Derby certainly suffered from that problem in the first half and were only leading 6-0 at half-time. However we knew that we needed to score as many goals as possible. With two more games to go, if we lose won of them we'll need a larger goal difference than South Notts to win the league. So with that in mind I set our players a target for the second half; to win 15-0. And our boys responded by beating that target! Scoring 10 goals in the second half was more than I could have ever imagined.

Given the amount of goals scored it is difficult to give a blow by blow account of the match. Infact after the match the team faced a small problem of trying to remember who scored all of the goals. An initial totting up of what everyone claimed they scored gave us 18 goals! So the following is what we finally settled on:

Sundeep Mann 6
Pete Chesney 3
Jez Sear 2
Dave Green 2
Matty Brennan 2
Paul Nielson 1

Man of the match was given to me this week. Next week is a 3.30pm match at Tamworth.
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!! Empty Re: Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!!

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:26 am

Congratulations on securing promotion!!! Good luck with the last two games - it would be great if you won the league!

Marie
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!! Empty Nice one

Post  Annie Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:54 am

Wowsers, that's excellent. Well done guys.
Is that a club record?
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!! Empty Re: Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!!

Post  Chris Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:30 am

I wouldn't know Annie, I haven't been around as long as you!! Razz
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Ches Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:41 am

Chris, i've finished the song now, so its ready for you to sing at the do, you'll just need to get the music for the Queen song- i expect its on a karaoke cd somewhere:

We’ve paid our subs -
Time after time -
We don’t do training
But committed no crime -
And bad mistakes
Darren’s made a few
We’ve had our share of sand kicked in the face -
But we’ve come through

We are the champions - my friends
And well keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
cause we are the champions - of the world -

We've taken the mick
Out of captain Chris -
But he’s brought us fame, fortune and everything that goes with it -
Helped us conquer all
With a league as mixed as a box of roses
Its been no pleasure cruise -
A challenge as big as Paul beating a tortoise for pace
But one we couldn’t lose -

We are the champions - my friends
And well keep on fighting - till the end -
We are the champions -
We are the champions
No time for losers
cause we are the champions - of the world.

bounce bounce bounce bounce rabbit

Pete Ches

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:26 am

Unfortunately any form of bad language isn't allowed at the club dinner. Well, not since Annie's legendary Ladies 3rd team speach 5 years ago! lol!
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Mens 3rd's take promotion with 16-0 win!! Empty Ace lyrics

Post  Annie Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:08 am

So you HAVE been round as long as me - hah I knew it.

Ace lyrics. Where's the bad language?

Chris I agree you really shouldn't say this in your speech as there may be a danger of people actually listening to you. Shocked

Mens 3rds, c'mon you can all sing this together. That would be very cool. Got that song in my head now... again.

Last edited by Annie on Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Post  John Mann Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:40 pm

Chris

as captian you should lead by example and sing the song. Pete has put all the effort in preparing it for your speach Very Happy

however, i am disapointed you failed to mention the first class assists provided by Ian and myself........

Roll on the championship cheers

John Mann

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:28 pm

John,

You're right. Pete has put in an uncharacteristic amount of effort into something at last!! And your assists were excellent, unlike your attempts to score! lol!
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 am

Well done guys. You deserve it. cheers
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  gigga2 Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:49 pm

I believe the record sits at 19 - 0 but you were close. Well done! Smile

gigga2

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down