Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09

+2
Annie
Angie
6 posters

Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09

Post  Angie Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:01 am

We arrived early for our away game at Shobnall and believe it or not no one got caught out by the changing of the clocks, although some were a little worse for wear, Joanna! We had a good turnout, even subs and big coach Andy at the helm, I think he just wanted to feel part of the team with his fetching pink trainers!

Anyhow, Andy rallied the troops and tried to maintain an air control over the a bunch of high spirited young lasses, we knuckled down to put our game faces on, to get in the zone and to draw upon all those man hours of training Dan has invested in us. We did a nicely devised warm up to tune us into a team mentality and looked pretty intimidating to the opposition, who seemed a little light in numbers. We also practised a nifty new move on our attacking short corners and were all pretty excited to about it!

The game was delayed as we waited for our Umpire to arrive, I think Burton were a little relieved as they were still shy of two players. We continued getting our ‘game heads’ on and fuelling up on jelly babies and choccy biscuits! Will arrived and the game commenced!

It wasn’t long before the ladies 3rds were on the attack and piling on the pressure, we were all over them like ants on candy floss! We welcomed Whippet to the team yet again, with her pace down the right wing she made many a thrilling run to create opportunities in the D. Michelle also popped down from the seconds for a bit of a run around and provided a sturdy rear guard. It wasn’t long before Burton gave us our first short corner. Everyone was eager to try out our new set piece, I stepped up to feed the ball in to Jen waiting at the top of the D, nerves and excitement fizzing in our veins! I pushed the ball out and cocked it up! It went straight to a surprised Rachel F who managed to take a shot, if only the goalie hadn’t got in the way it would have been a gud ‘un! Thankfully Jo M was subbed on after that so I took a back seat, 5yrds from the D on the numerous shorts we were given.

Jo M stepped up to inject the ball in to the waiting Jen, she was on target! Jen the ‘short corner supervisor’ organised the girls and it worked like a clockwork dream, she knocked the ball right to Heather who neatly passed it to a waiting Terri on the penalty spot for a final sweep into the goal! WOOHOO!

A sneaky Burton side had been watching our pre-match short corner practice, clever Jen saw an opportunity during the next short, the defenders ran towards Terri and Heather so a quick thinking Jen saw the gaping hole they had left and put in another belter of a goal! Two nil up and we were all giddy on the strange feeling of winning! It was long before Asterdale were at it again, yet another short. This time Jen passes left to a waiting Rachel F and before Burton could blink we were three nil up! Things after this point get a little hazy for me, the elation of the score line has clouded my memory somewhat!

Still in the first half, Burton were battling hard, they had a number 99! Number 99 was a little player who had skill and pace, she caused us a little trouble and to give a fair report she gave them a few opportunities, although rarely did they end up in our defensive D. They did manage a short and were under pressure to make it count! It nearly did if it hadn’t been for Annie accidentally stepping on the ball just stopping on the goal line! They’re umpire gave a penalty flick! Charlotte H prepared herself, this was the busiest she been all morning (besides warming up!). All was quiet, all held their breath as the flick was taken and amazingly saved! It was not Burtons day!

To punish Burton for intruding into our D we got another goal! From a short, providing Terri with another goal to add to her tally! With a dizzying first half we were all glad of a little breather when the halftime whistle blew! Time for more jelly babies, oranges, choccy biscuits oh and a bit of a team talk!

The second half was pretty much the same as the first except we scored less goals, somehow Burton found the legs to hold at bay. Having said that Whippet still had her legs and continued with her runs down the right wing. One minute she was on the wing then she was just in the right position somewhere near the penalty spot, free and clear to score Asterdales fifth, yes FIFTH goal! Burton were frustrated but we were relentless, it wasn’t our fault they couldn't field a full squad!

At the full time whistle the final score was ASTERDALE 3rds FIVE, Burton NIL! WE WON, WE WON, WE WON, boy did we win, that’s a proper win with a proper definitive score line, no ambiguity WE DEFINATLEY WON!!!
With much thanks to Will (not Annie’s Will, the other Will!) for Umpiring and Big Andy for top quality coaching. The combination of Dan’s hard work on our skills and Andy’s tactics, we were like the cats that broke into a cream factory and ate the damn lot!

Man, or should I say MEN of the match were Whippet and Terri for their tireless hard work and performances.

Donkey award goes to me for trying to warm up my ball skills with the back of my stick and banging my head twice one the dugout roof, once is an accident but twice is just plain stupid!

Angie

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty Yeah man we did it

Post  Annie Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:24 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh Angie, talk about an eargerly awaited report, I was even clicking refresh this morning.
No worries about the hazziness - it's a bloody ace report.

As Angie has said, thank you Will H for rushing from Junior training so that we didn't have to put Andy into Umpire & he could concentrate on creating havoc for Burton.
Yes thankyou Andy for the quick hangover recovery from your girls victory the day before and coaching the game.
Whippet & Michelle - thanks for playing for us, there were a few tired legs Embarassed after the match the day before (though the scoreline helped that wear off)

Well done Whippet, Rachel & Terri for adding to the list of goal scorers for the 3rds this season & well done Jenny for adding to your tally.

I know I say this a lot but everyone played really well - for once the scoreline showed it.

Hope you all did your homework on remembering that short corner (actually there were several short corners). I hear Rachel has done her home work and will be leading the warm up at the next game.

Have a good Easter
Annie
xxx
ps - Andy - If you post a reply, change your avartar please. affraid
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty Whoop Whoop !

Post  Joanna Mullis Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:11 am

Tremendous game girls - well done !

Just think what we will be able to do next season ! Dan has worked so hard on our skills and positioning that now we can pass the ball to each other we can think about tactics... and how well did we do with Andy's tactics, espically on the short ! Thanks for that Andy - I feel more goals coming from that little piece magic...

I throughly enjoyed the game. Puting the short push out, fast and right onto Jen's outstreched stick was my main concern so she has time to make those important dissions, thankfully it went well most of the time. Playing CH was like a dream for me on Sun, but not least because everyone in front of me was working hard and hassling the opposition out of possession whilst they where still in their own half! I had to do a decent amount of tackling, but as the opposition had already faced a number of tackles in getting to me, often they were at the end of their skill range. Also many times I picked up the loose balls that were caused by our inners tackling/hassling the opposition. All credit to those in the inner/half positions - you know who you are... We had the loins share of possession because of you. Another joy for me was being able to switch the play from one side of the pitch to the other, everyone else made that easy by being keen and eager to make runs, get into spaces and call for the ball. Flanked by two experienced players Michelle and Whippet, we were able to re-inject the ball into the D so many times the opposition must have been dizzy !!!

Credit to Charlotte too, you didn't have to do much, but when called into action you made a good save by keepin a close eye on that ball. I felt a bit sorry for you as saving a penelty would quite often lead to MOM ! but so many people played so well that it wasn't to be this time, hard luck little one. I got into a little trouble with your dad too... but he didn't really tell me off, more the opposition lady who had been pushing our young players around - I wasn't having any of that though !! grrrrr.

Congratulations on your Goals girls - all well taken. Was it four from shorts ?
In open play we tried a few shots too, even I had a couple of goes, but it wasn't my day to score - still it was great being able to set up Rachel. 5-0 was very satisfying and I spent a couple of days with a happy fuzzy feeling inside... it was an absolute pleasure, well done everyone, many thanks Michelle, Whippet and Andy for your valuble contributions!

Go 3rds !!!!

J
xxx
Joanna Mullis
Joanna Mullis

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty Re: Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09

Post  Andy Taylor Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:40 am

Firstly,

Sorry about the picture, Richardson is dead meat!!!

The Game.

It was an absolute pleasure to continue on from Dans’ great work with you guys. You were a pleasure to coach for the day and your response to what I asked of you was superb.

Thanks for the experience and superb well done, I knew you had it in you.

Coach Andy afro
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty oh no

Post  Annie Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:48 am

Oh no not that pic again.
What a Face
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09 Empty Re: Asterdale Ladies 3rds Triumphant over Burton - Away 29/03/09

Post  Admin Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 pm

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Andy.....Soooooooooo funny!

Well done girls!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:13 am

Congratulations you lot. May it continue............................
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down