Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top or not?

+2
KellyO
Val Cole
6 posters

Go down

Top or not? Empty Top or not?

Post  Val Cole Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:54 pm

It's difficult to know where to start this report, except to say you can't just report on the good days only. Against a Phoenix team who showed up less than 5 minutes from the start and with only 10 players, we somehow managed not to win this fixture. Ahead on three occasions, with all goals scored by Janice, we managed to let them equalise each time, giving a final result of 3 - 3. I guess nerves got the better of us, although at all times we were on top of this game with the Phoenix goal keeper the best player on the pitch. Neverless we had a quiet celebration at the end, all acknowledgeing that whatever happens in the next few weeks, we've had a brilliant season with superb team spirit and improved performances and we really do deserve to be promoted.

Congratulations to everyone involved with the Ladies 2nd team. It's been a pleasure and a privilege to be a part of this squad and whatever happens, I'm looking forward to next season.
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down

Top or not? Empty Re: Top or not?

Post  KellyO Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Does that mean there is some doubt you guys will go up? I thought all you needed was a draw? Let us know.

xx
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  cfeeney Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 am

I agree Val, it has been a excellent season and i have throughly enjoyed every step of the way.

Cant believe we are currently sitting unbeaton and still don't know if we are going up!!

Kelly, we have 20 mins of a game to play that got abandoned (due to injury) we are currently 4 goals down. So if guess we are going to lose that game, the season now goes to goal difference. We sit with +15 goal difference but Matlock 4ths may beat Beper 4ths by that, (we managed to put 12 by them in 1 game) so its a waiting game.

Either way its been an amazinging season.

Fingers crossed!!

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:41 pm

so Matlock win if they manage to score 18?
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:54 pm

Never thought I'd say this.....

Come on Belper!!!!!!!!!! cheers
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Top or not? Empty so tight

Post  Annie Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:58 am

I thought it's 18 goal diff or have I got my sums wrong. (small brain n all)
Oh right is it cos the 4-0 vs Findern has not been taken into account???

Bumped into Amanda Meese this morning (Matlock 4ths Capt). They are playing the match vs Belper at 10 on Sat at home, we're there at 11:30. Will try & get there extra early. Let me know if you want an update or rather hear the final result or nothing.

Can't quite bring myself round to cheering on Belper, it's like cheering Oz in cricket. Maybe I'll change my mind by Saturday.

xxx
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Post  cfeeney Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:36 am

Annie, I would be so grateful if you could let me know the score as its so painful waiting till the sunday night for the website to get updated. If you let me know i will text the rest of the 2nds ladies.

You would think we are safe with a +18 goal difference but we don't feel it.

Good luck on Sat

Thanks

Colette

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:41 am

Fingers crossed for you ladies, you all deserve it!! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com