Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE AUSSIES ARE COMING !!!!!!!!

Go down

THE AUSSIES ARE COMING !!!!!!!! Empty THE AUSSIES ARE COMING !!!!!!!!

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:58 am

THE AUSSIES ARE COMING !!!!!!!!

As you may now be aware, the Ladies 1st XI will be playing AUSTRALIA Vets on the 10th July 10:30am start at Trent Collage, Derby Road, Long Eaton NG10 4AD.

The Aussies are here for the Tri Nations Vets Tournament v England v Scotland at Highfields, Beeston during July and we are their final warm up game before they play England on the 11th.

This is an incredible opportunity for the club to show our local community, Derbyshire Hockey, Midlands Hockey and England Hockey just what a small club like ours can achieve.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come along to the game to show your support.

Early indications are that we could have quite a large crowd for what I dare say is potentially one of the biggest days in the clubs history.

Gill and our new Chairwoman Janice are co-ordinating the event and both recognise the significance of this fixture to the potential future of our club. Their support has been huge and I am sure if anyone out there would be willing to help them they would be very happy to hear from you, there is a lot to do.

The Australian squad will consist of ex Internationals who have competed at the Olympics and World Championships in days gone bye at full International level, having won more Gold medals than I would like to mention.

The Derby squad for the day will be made up from current 1st XI players as well as a few guests.

All the local media will be in attendance along with reps from Hockey England and Hockey Scotland – both Management and players.

Please start to pass the word around, we would love to see as many current and ex-club members on the touch lines as possible, this is truly an Historic day for our club that should not be missed.

The difference a big crowd will make to the squad will be huge. The players that I have selected to play are immensely proud to be putting on a Derby Shirt and running out against Australia, believe me when I say the nerves they will be feeling will be like nothing they have experienced before, but having all your vocal support there for them will make this a truly special occasion.

Please pass the word on NOW, this is a once in a lifetime occasion not to be missed, the whole of the Ladies 1st XI want each and every one of you to be there and believe me when I promise you one thing………..

They will give more in this match than they have ever done before, the pride they will have is almost immeasurable, the commitment will be 100%

All this is for two things……

The Club & Kidney Care Appeal - Supported by Chirs Packer (donations only, no admission fee)

Lets see you there Derby Asterdale and as I have said before

LETS HEAR YOU ROAR !!!!!!!!
[center]
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down