Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashbourne put to the sword as Rachael scores opener after just 14 seconds

2 posters

Go down

Ashbourne put to the sword as Rachael scores opener after just 14 seconds Empty Ashbourne put to the sword as Rachael scores opener after just 14 seconds

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:30 am

Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby

With just a bare 11 players today our away trip to our old adversaries Ashbourne who sit top of the Derbyshire League with a 100% record and beat our own 2nd XI 6-3 a few weeks ago, could have been a tricky affair, but we need not have worried.

Being relaxed and using this game as just a steady warm up for the league re-starting was the order of the day, we were so relaxed one player even didn’t bother bringing her skirt with her – THE PANTS OF SHAME were duly awarded – Kath !!!

The confidence of the team is running high right now but we didn’t expect the blistering start we got.

We won the push back and as the whistle blew off set Rachael and Taran, 14 SECONDS later Rachael opens the scoring after a quite brilliant series of one two’s between them finishing with a sweet sweep strike passed a helpless keeper. Ashbournes jaws dropped in fear of what may be to come !

Ashbourne 0 – 1 Derby Rachael 14 seconds

On 7 mins it was Helena’s turn to pop up at the far post after a scramble in front of goal to latch on to the loose ball and score our 2nd.

Ashbourne 0 – 2 Derby Helena 7 mins

The goal of the game soon followed. A blistering quick ball movement from out of defence found Ali out on the right (the 2 second rule came in to play here) she slipped the ball top D to Kelly I think, who spotted Laura’s run at the far post and found her with an inch perfect pass, Laura calmly slapped the ball into the net for a stunning strike with team play of the highest quality.

Ashbourne 0 – 3 Derby Laura 9 mins

The scoring continued on 47 mins as Kelly found herself in the familiar position of driving into the oppositions area, but as she rode the challenges space opened up, she hit a bullet of a strike that looked like it was goal bound but Laura decided she had better make sure and got a deft touch on the ball to deflect it in for her 2nd of the match.

Ashbourne 0 – 4 Derby Laura 47 Mins

As the temperature dropped even further we found ourselves with only 10 players as Rachael was so cold she left the pitch to put a jumper on to play in – HMMMMMM WUSS !!

The goals continued as Helena was this time on hand to finish off a slick well moved penalty corner at the far post and get her 2nd of the match – I’ve been trying to recall the last time Hels scored 2 in a game, anyone any ideas? It was lovely to see her beaming face as she ran back to the halfway line staring at me and mouthing I’VE SCORED 2 !

Ashbourne 0 – 5 Derby Helena 65 mins

The final word on the scoring had to go to Taran who was marked today so closely you would have thought she was sharing just 1 skort with the Ashbourne CB, 1 leg each. They certainly got to know one another.

Following another great drive from Ali down the right she crossed the bal into the Ashbourne area and I must say at least 3 brilliant pieces of advantage followed. The ball hit an Ashbourne foot but bounced out to a Derby player – advantage - the shot came in and got caught under the keepers pads and she was clearly obstructing the Derby attackers from getting the ball but she eventually played it out to another Derby striker – advantage – Rachael shoots, it hits another foot but the ball bounces out to Taran – advantage – Taran calmly slides the ball into the corner of the net. 6-0.

Ashbourne 0 – 6 Derby Taran 67 mins

Full time.

Ashbourne Ladies 1st XI 0 - 6 Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st XI

Coaches notes

I know Ashbourne have not played in a while and were a little rusty but we were clinical. We played the game in a truly friendly chilled out manner, even smiling at many many many of the strange and wonderful decisions we found ourselves on the end of.

Our 1st and 3rd goals in particular were very high class and to go away from home for the 3rd week running and win for the 3rd week running scoring 12 and conceding only 2 is great prep for the league restart next week.

I want to mention 1 player in particular today, Ali Kerr.

Ali’s daughter is quite ill – get well soon please – and Ali and the family should have been away this weekend but couldn’t go due to the illness.

Thanks to Husband Ian who agreed to stay home to look after their Daughter, Ali was as determined and committed as ever, just buzzing to play, and what a performance she gave.

She was relentless in her running the wide side of midfield, her cover play was superb and distribution caused so many problems for Ashbourne. This was the easiest Man of the Match award we have given all season. Brilliant Ali, couldn’t ask for more.

I can sometimes forget that some players have families and the commitment I ask of them can be quite a strain at times but I appreciate it more than you guys will ever understand.

Anyway, next week we start back in the League away at Newark, a very tricky match but one we have high hopes of being successful in.

See you Ladies 1stXI Tuesday
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ashbourne put to the sword as Rachael scores opener after just 14 seconds Empty Re: Ashbourne put to the sword as Rachael scores opener after just 14 seconds

Post  nigel Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:19 am

Great team performance yesterday. Lots of enthusiasm and comittment on a very cold morning.
As Coach mentions in his short match report, the third goal was simply fantastic.

This fixture was always our toughest in the Derbyshire league, and yesterday just proved how far we have come and the level that we now play at.. Well done. SmileSmileSmile

Note to coach, advantage, then advantage again = goal, but more importantly great umpiring!!!! Lol

And my final though........... Lisa. Awesome!!!!!!
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down