Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view

4 posters

Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view Empty Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view

Post  amanda Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:41 am

If a headline was to be written about our performance on Saturday, it would have read "Derby Asterdale Ladies - unlucky again"

We were very quiet in the changing room before the match, during the warm up and unfortunately during the match. I think this is due to the teachers being very ready for half term tongue and also a lack of confidence throughout the team.

Personally I think the improvement that we have made as a whole team is incredible if we compare ourselves with this time last year. The league we are in now is a level up from last year and I think everyone in the squad has made the transition brilliantly.

Of the last four matches; we had a briliant win to start the season off; then we were very unfortunate against loughbrough (it was like playing on grass - with the majority of the team too young to remember hockey on grass - but Val was excellent Laughing ha ha). The third match against belper was very enjoyable, with the whole team playing the best hockey we have ever played, and again, we were very, very unlucky.

Now, to the match, we started off the first half with the majority of the possesion, unfortunately the 'D' got very overcrowded at the attack, this prevented our star forwards Anna and Tarin from showing their usual flare of team work and goal scoring. We played the ball really well around the field, using all of the width. Every player showed fantastic spatial awareness with good passing of the ball to carrrying out the switch that we have been practicing at training. We had a few chances (two brillant ones from Donna at the top of the 'D') but these were unsuccesful. Throughout the match we had the majority of the possesion but just could not convert it into goals.

Halftime came with a 0-0 score line. We started the second half with a bit more fire in our bellies, again showing good passing skills. Throughout the game Lisa made some brill saves, but with 12 minutes remaining she fell awkwardly with a member of the opposing team landing on her leg. We heard a scream from lisa and thought the worst (it takes a lot to hurt lisa, she is as 'ard as nails). Lisa got carried off the pitch and we decided to play with a kicking back. Zoe, very bravely, put the goaly helmet on (she left her gum shield in - just in case!!) and played a kicking back. We started off again on the attack as we did not want the ball to go near Zoe as it is really a very dangerous position. Unfortunatly, the opposition made a break for the goal after a few atttempted tackles they made a shot. Zoe stopped the ball on the line but the ball rolled off her stick due to a dodgy spin and the one unlucky goal of the match was scored. We tried to attack again but were stopped. The opposition made a second break this time Zoe made a fantastic save and cleared the ball.

When the final whistle was blown everyone in the squad felt robbed. If Lisa had not been injured the score - guaranteed - would have been 0-0 at the very least. The goal was so unlucky and so was the result.

Our lack of confidence across the field is inhibiting our true playing potential. We need to start playing for each other; have confidence in ourselves and each others ability and most of all start having fun again.

For those who are playing indoor tomorrow, burton league on Thursday and for everyone on Saturday. We will win if only we all start believing in ourselves.

I love the squad we have at the moment and look forward to meeting everyone on a Saturday morning. Lets start smiling again and start winning

Lots of love to everyone

Manda

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

PS Sorry for the bad spelling
amanda
amanda

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view Empty Oopsy

Post  Admin Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Gosh Mand.....You write almost as much as you talk!

Just so you all know....I'M GUTTED! Sad
I feel personally responsible for the final result and just wish I could have 'walked it off'.

I will be going to training on Tuesday, because I want to be there...I wont train so please don't send me any text's to shout at me. Very Happy

Those of you that have still not paid your membership, now is the time lol!

Last edited by Admin on Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Coz I Can :))
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:18 pm

I agree Mand - We have a great squad of players and we are playing so much better than we were this time last year. We just need to relax and start enjoying ourselves. Besides, we need to win for Lisa now!! You'd better be careful on Tuesday Lisa!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view Empty Re. A players view

Post  amanda Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Lisa, you should not be even standing on your knee you should stay at home and rest on Tuesday.

There is no way in the world that you should feel that the result was your fault, we were just very unlucky - Zoe did a really good job under a lot of pressure. We are going to win next week anyway and I might even try to score myself.

I wrote my report because I think we are doing really well and the team work we have is brilliant. The goals will come and we will stay in this league. As I said before, and Marie feels the same, we just need to start having confidence and playing with smiles on our faces.

It will come

Manda xxxxxx
amanda
amanda

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st - A players view

Post  Anna Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:25 pm

I completely agree and am grateful for your perspective on the match Amanda. It's good to be motivated! We're playing great hockey with an excellent group of people and if we support each other and focus on the many positives rather than dwell on, and be demotivated by, the couple of negatives, I'm sure the results will change from ridiculously unlucky to the ones we actually deserve.

Let's keep up the good team spirit we've always had and enjoy our hockey!!

And of course a speedy recovery to lisa!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down