Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st indoor team start season as we mean to go on

2 posters

Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st indoor team start season as we mean to go on Empty Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st indoor team start season as we mean to go on

Post  amanda Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:22 pm

This is the forth year in a row that I have captained the indoor team and after winning the last two seasons we are very determined to make it a hatrick.

The season started this evening with two matches, the first against Rolls-royce and the second against Pheonix.

After the untimely demise of our star goaly, Lisa, Gill very kindly steped into the role yesterday afternoon (thankyou very much Gill). Mr Fenton also agreed on Saturday to umpire for us. He enjoyed it so much he has offered to umpire for the rest of the season Very Happy .

The team consisted of the clubs two star forwards, Anna and Tarin, with Helana and Lizzy, myself, Sally and Gill in goals. We also had two amazing supporters Lisa and Zoe which gave the whole team a fantastic boost on the sideline.

As the first game started against Rolls-royce it was evident that we had not lost our flare for the indoor game since last season. We were well spread across the pitch with good passing skills and good use of the walls. It was not long before the first of our four goals found the back of the net. I can't really remember much of the game, it went extremely fast and was very enjoyable. As the final whistle went we were very happy with the 4-2 score line for the first match of the season.

With no rest for the wicked we were straight back on the pitch to play Pheonix. We started the game quite slowely and quietly, but after thorough incouragement from the sideline from Zoe and Lisa we picked up our game and finished off winning 4-0 - Brilliant.

The whole team showed fantastic team work tonight and we gelled together from the start. With the talent avalible on the pitch I can only see the team getting better and better. With Helana and Lizzy not being avalible for next week we have star back, Zoe, in her debut match for my indoor team (not as a kicking back though Razz ) and hopefully Marie if she is avalible.

Next weeks two matches are going to be very hard against our main rivals of the league - Riply and Burton. Our first match is at Mackworth at 8 and the second at 8.30 everybody is welcome to support and the 2nd's are also on afterwards for a whole evening of indoor fun.

Thankyou again to Gill and Mr Fenton, Il see everyone at training tomorrow.

Love

Manda

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda
amanda

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1st indoor team start season as we mean to go on Empty Good start

Post  Andy Taylor Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:45 am

well done to all, keep it going
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down