Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 3rds V Rolls Royce 2nds @ Home

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 3rds V Rolls Royce 2nds @ Home Empty Ladies 3rds V Rolls Royce 2nds @ Home

Post  Joanna Mullis Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:47 am

Another great game from the thirds, I thought we were unlucky to lose 2-0.

Welcome to Ruth who made an impressive debut in the midfield. Heather has crept from sweeper/defender all the way to the forward line and Jen also found herself as CF, both had a good game - well done !

Tireless work from the midfield and for the most part solid defense kept a well organised Rolls Royce at bay and they certainly know how to attack, putting the ball into space for their very fast and very fit right forward - I should know I spent quite a lot of time marking/chasing after her - lol

An unlucky first goal from which the team needs to make metal notes to play to the whistle ! The second goal came from a good deal of pressure. We had our chances though, this week not only did we play in our oppositions "25", we also made it into the "D", with a few shoots on goal. Jen did very well for a 1st attempt at CF and even had one or two "one on ones". Unfortunately most of our shots were at the GK, whom I play cricket with and can vouch she can shoot stop, so our strikers need to work on putting the ball towards the corners of the goal, I feel confident that will come with time.

The team is shaping up nicely and lots of good passing, hardwork and movement. We just need to start scoring and we will get some wins ! Keep it up everyone.

Man of the Match : Jenny Dames (Well done chick)

J
x
Joanna Mullis
Joanna Mullis

Back to top Go down

Ladies 3rds V Rolls Royce 2nds @ Home Empty Re: Ladies 3rds V Rolls Royce 2nds @ Home

Post  Annie Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 am

Only a 1-0 defeat but all played really well. Rolling Eyes

Thank you to Des for umpiring.

Great to see that we can play as a squad with 15, 4 subs. Between us all we played in so many different positions and played well. This team is really coming on.

Go 3rds.
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down