Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belper 2 - 2 Ladies 1st XI

4 posters

Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty Belper 2 - 2 Ladies 1st XI

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:44 am

"Why can’t a hockey match be 65 minutes long !!!”

was the cry at the final whistle today as Derby conceded yet again in the final 5 minutes to incredibly gain a 7th draw of the season in just 11 games.

The visit to top of the table Belper this Saturday, on a very cold morning and after not training since early December, was not what the Doctor ordered, but AGAIN Derby proved that they have no-one to fear in this league.

A terrible start saw Belper open the scoring after only 170 seconds with a well taken strike and as muffled comments from the side line support of “Oh Dear” were overheard, this was possibly going to be a very long morning for all by the Derwent.

But fight and determination were defiantly the order of the day from Derby and top goal scorer Anna Neilson soon put Derby well back into the match with an accurate strike on 7 mins to level the scores.

The 1st half continued with both teams exchanging good spells of dominant play, with Derby thankful on many occasions for the outstanding contribution in defence of Kelly Olubodum, who at times looked head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch. Her distribution and ravaging runs from full back were defiantly the Kelly of old people often talk about.

As half time came and went it was Derby that again found themselves in front. The 5th penalty corner of the match saw us revert to the training ground, as a very slick move saw Captain Marie Dymond free inside the area to slap the ball past a helpless Belper Keeper and Defence sending Derby into the lead 1-2.

But Belper are not top of the table for nothing. As they changed their tactics to a more Physical game they slowly started to dominate proceedings. But it was a tremendous piece of luck for Belper, the consequences of which could have had a very telling part in how today’s game finished, that could have proved vital.

As Taran picked up the ball from our own 25yd line she began to drive up field and despite taking several “robust” challenges rode forward with great strength. However when a player throws her whole body at your knees to stop you at all costs, not even Taran can ride that. As they both got up from the floor Taran showed her displeasure and the umpire rightly showed her a Green Card, but to the amazement of many away and home spectators the Belper player was only shown a Green as well. Maybe my view was obstructed or something else occurred but this looked like a very clear straight Yellow for the Belper Player but the umpires obviously saw different.

Captain Marie Dymond certainly wasn’t going to lie down though and she rolled back the years. A fantastic drive through midfield assisted by Laura Skaife and Kath Lee saw Marie find space 15 yards out from goal, she struck a rising shot with tremendous venom but had to watch agonisingly as the ball sailed just inches wide of the post with the Keeper beaten.

As Belper piled on the pressure and the clock wound down towards full time the nerves began to show again. An unfortunate injury to Val Cole saw her hit in the face with a deflected ball forcing her to leave the field, but with the strength in depth we have we soon regained our shape even though Belper were undoubtably having their best moments of the game.

With only 3 minutes left the Belper C Forward found space outside the Derby ‘D’ and drove inside the area shielding the ball and got away her strike to bring the scores level at 2-2 and send the Belper contingent into raptures.

As the final whistle blew Belper knew they had just sealed what could be a very valuable point in their attempt to return to Midlands 2, but Derby left in abject frustration knowing that 3 pts had gone again thanks to the clock.

Final Score Belper 2’s 2 - 2 Derby Asterdale

Man of the Match……………….Kelly Olubodun with 1 million and 4 votes

The Pants of Shame …………….Val Cole for falling over a grain of sand.

Cards ............................... GREEN Laura Skaife & Taran Badach

Goals ............................... Anna Neilson 7 min OP - Marie Dymond 44 mins PC

Next weeks Fixtures:

Saturday 21st Home 12 noon Kettering 1st XI
Sunday 22nd Home 11:30am Loughborough Students 4th XI

p.s Thanks to the "Rent a Crowd" 3rd XI who came today to support us, it was great to see you all enjoying the highs and lows of 1st XI Hockey. ITS DIFFERENT ISN'T IT !!!!!!
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty Re: Belper 2 - 2 Ladies 1st XI

Post  Taran Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:40 pm

Once again a fantastic match - well played every one!

Yes another green card today - I'm sorry and I do realise I need to keep my temper tantrums under control!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) - I'm a person who plays with my heart on my sleeve and with great passion.

Kelly - you need to teach me some of those dribbling skills you were using today (and no I don't mean when we were having refreshments)Lol

A great point today - but next week 3PTS everyone!
Taran
Taran

Back to top Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty TARAN - ANNA

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:28 pm

Firstly sorry for not texting you both as usual last night, I just got buried in the Rugby. So heres publicly what I would have put.

Taran.

As the song goes "Don't go Changin' " you do nothing wrong in your style of play at all.

When a player hacks you down with her whole body, anyone - and I include myself in that - would have some reaction. The umpires decision to green card you was possibly a bit strong but he saw it as retaliation, the bigger concern was the lack of additional punishment for his own player.

STOP SAYING SORRY !!!!

Burk

Remember signs of weakness could be used against you for the "Pants of Shame"

You were brilliant again today.

ANNA

Its great to see you back doing what you do best - SCORING YES !

The goals are coming and you harried and hassled the Belper backs all day.

Just as important is the fact that you seem to have got rid of that huge weight off your shoulders now goals are coming and its great to see you smiling so much more.

Bring on Next week.

Keep it going you two.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty everyone

Post  Admin Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:50 am

Well, what can I say?

I was reading Andy's report and felt soooo gutted at yet another last minute draw.
It sounds like you lot played your hearts out as always and put every effort in. I'm only sorry I missed it. I'm sat in my office at work as I write this, missing hockey more than anything back in the UK. Sad

Ok so.....

Taran - Good on ya mate for not bowing down to Belper’s sly attempt to knock you down. You always stand up strong to them...not only physically but mentally! Av em!

Anna - Told you so Wink

Kelly - Player of the match?...It's about time Smelly! Razz

Marie - Always my star player! Cool

Val - Hope you're face is ok? Other than that, a grain of sand???.....LMAO Laughing

Andy - You really need to learn to spell Taran's surname correctly! It's Badachha!

Everyone else - Get in there and show em whose boss!

Missing you all! xx
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty Pants of shame

Post  Annie Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:49 am

Guess who:
http://home.luesley.co.uk/gallery/v/Hockey/Ladies1sts/Photos/IMG_8504.JPG.html

Well done all.
Taran - I think you mean 6pts.

Sorry I won't be physically supporting you guys this weekend, will be missing all the hockey action. Evil or Very Mad
But go and be your usual ace selves.

xxx
ps - videos to follow
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Belper   2  -  2   Ladies 1st XI Empty Re: Belper 2 - 2 Ladies 1st XI

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down