Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds

3 posters

Go down

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds Empty Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:32 pm

Derby Asterdale Ladies 1sts 0 - Belper Ladies 2nds 0

The Ladies 1sts continued their run of impressive performances yesterday. On a damp afternoon we produced what was probably one of our best ever team performances. Belper 2nds, relegated from Midlands Division 2 last season, brought a very strong side that included the England U18 Goalkeeper, to Wilsthorpe and were met by a determined and skillfull Asterdale team. Each member of the squad played their part. The advantage of having 14 available players was evident as people worked hard all over the pitch. The forwards closed down the defenders quickly, the midfield ran forever and the defence were strong. The quality of hockey played by all was summed up by the fact that 8 players recieved votes for Player of the Match - me, Laura, Sally, Taran, Donna, Amanda, Kelly, and the winner by 2 clear votes, Lisa (don't know why - she only made a couple of brilliant saves!!).

Despite no goals this was not a boring game! Since the start of the season we have clearly upped our game yesterday proved just how good we are. Currently lying 5th in the league on goal difference, and with no one team dominating the league so far, there is all to play for over the next few weeks in order to cement our place in the top 5. Well done everyone - hope to see you at training on Tuesday!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds Empty Coach's View

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:17 am

Commitment levels today were outstanding. Belper put out not only as Marie said the England under 18's Goalkeeper, but also the National League Captain from 2 years ago and several others all with national league experience.

A great team performance.

Like Marie I too hope to see a good turnout at training this week please, its important that we continue our momentum into the next few games.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds Empty Tut tut

Post  Admin Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:26 am

Marie, How rude! It's a good job I know you're joking!!! scratch
You also forgot the say that Val got a vote.....Even though she tried to score past me. Ummmmm! Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds Empty Re: Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds

Post  Marie Dymond Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:36 am

Lisa you're the best!!!

Sorry Val (how could I forget you??!!)- 9 players got votes for Player of the Match.

I also forgot to say thank you to Nigel - another great umpiring performance!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds Empty Re: Ladies 1sts V Belper 2nds

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down