Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2

3 posters

Go down

Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2 Empty Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:25 am

Derby Lds 1st XI 3 - 0 Ashby Lds 1st XI

The pre-season continued today (Saturday 5th) with another win, this time 3-0 against Ashby 1st XI.

With several key players absent again this week we only had a bare 11, but thanks to a well timed phone call this morning from Ruth just 30 minutes before the meet time, I persuaded her to come along so at least we had 1 substitute.

The game again was split into 3 periods and like last week each period bought out differing outcomes.

The 1st period saw us start quite slowly and despite having the vast majority of possession we just couldn’t find a way to goal. The new formation did see us begin to create the chances that it is designed for but the end product couldn’t quite be found despite hitting the post twice and seeing several efforts go inches wide.

The 2nd period however was entirely different. The penalty corners started to be won more frequently and this time when our chances came we took them with Anna scoring a quick brace to put Ashby on the back foot.

My most pleasing part was to see the PC routine worked on in the specially arranged training session prior to the start of the match pay off with a great goal. A quick out, great speedy movement and a great finish by Ruth put the match away at 3-0.

The final period was a little scrappy but on a very positive note, despite not playing with a sweeper today it was great to see Lisa in goal and her defence keep a clean sheet.

Overall a satisfactory win, but the players and I know that next weeks encounter with Midlands League Towcester will be an all-together different encounter as we begin to step up the intensity of preseason towards that juicy encounter away at Cannock in our opening league fixture.

Thanks to those club members that made the effort today to come along and support us, it is appreciated and a special thank you to both Umpires, Nigel and Colin. Another great game.

Goals

Anna Neilson x 2
Ruth Richardson x 1

MOM

7 people nominated

Winner - Anna Neilson & Marie Dymond with a tied vote.

See everyone Tuesday Night 8:15pm start. If you are unable to attend please ensure you let me know at the first opportunity.

Well done ladies.

(& Tom, Dick & Harry)
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2 Empty Re: Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2

Post  Admin Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:31 am

As a Keeper I would especially like to say well done to Marie, Amanda & Val who despite a change of formation's leaving us quite exposed, all three did a fantastic job. I only had to touch the ball once!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2 Empty Re: Ladies 1st XI pre-season win number 2

Post  nigel Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:44 am

Lisa, the way you touched the ball though was truly outstanding..!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down