Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0.

5 posters

Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0. Empty Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0.

Post  Steph Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:40 am

After much nagging, here is the firslt Ladies 3rd Team Match report of the season.

After a fantastic game last week at Saveley the team were looking forward to another competative match again Burton 3s. With the new meeting regimen for home games based on the 1st team preparation, we were well prepared to take on the young squad from Burton.

The first half of the game was fast paced with plenty of oppertunities for goals. I got my first goal of the season at 13 minutes from a ball beautifully set up by claire. We had plenty of oppertunities to extend our lead, but we made it to half time at 1-0. Both oppertunities that Burton had to score were closed down by the defence and finally finished off by Megan. I must say that the asterdale defence throughout the game was fantastic.

The second half saw two lovely goals, the first being from Claire at 44 minutes, who in all honest should have been on the score sheet more than once (Well done claire on your first league goal!). The second goal of the half came from Nikki who came through on the left wing to score her first real goal of the season as well. The last 20 minutes of the game seemed to be hard work, with both asterdale and burton feeling tired after a game with lots of leg work. It really was the support of those on the sideline that got us through to the end.

So all in all a great game with some great support, a special thanks to Andy who provided us with some great sideline coaching. Also a massive thanks to Kelly who kindly umpired todays game for us.

We're looking forward to next weeks match against Belper Otters.

Steph
Steph

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0. Empty Great performance

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

Morning Ladies,

well I think Saturday just went to show what you are all capable of.

You worked your buns off from start to finish and played as a solid unit throughout. The interchanging of positions for some could have been a little disruptive but you handled it well and deserved the victory.

Keep it going now, you have had a tremendous start to the league and under Steph's enthusiastic leadership I'm sure there will be more days like this to come.

Thanks for inviting me to be a small part of today, I thouroughly enjoyed it and I hope it was of benefit to you.

Cheers you bunch of table toppers !

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0. 58105_165200026823643_100000009416931_564964_589323_n
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0. Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0.

Post  Admin Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:42 am

Well done girls. I must say that the ladies section is doing the club proud at the minute.

Steph I saw your goal and it was beautiful - Great positioning!

Keep on the great work all of you and I would love to see all 3 ladies sides with another 3 points next week Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0. Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 3, Burton 3rds 0.

Post  Marie Dymond Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:08 pm

Well played girls!! Another great result!

Keep up the good work and lets have another clean sweep from the ladies section this weekend!

Marie
xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdy Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:05 am

Interchanging positions?! Disruptive? Don't know what you're talking about Andy!

Good luck at the weekend ladies, I'll think of you while I'm sunning myself Laughing
Birdy
Birdy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down