Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths

3 posters

Go down

Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths Empty Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths

Post  Pete Wright Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Playing Beeston 7ths was never going to be easy. In the first half they swiftly demonstrated that they were a better side than us, faster, passing more accurately, more skillful and taking their goalscoring chances much more efficiently. We trailed 4-0 at half time and seemed unlikely to fare any better in the second half.

The second half fell into the same pattern and a further 4 goals were conceded before Anthony Crooks scored our first. A second, from Stuart Norman, on the end of a fine centre after the ball was worked up the right wing, soon followed and then amazingly, a third, a second goal for Anthony. Finally Paul Ghundoo came on for a ten minute cameo and made it four after a short corner. We hadn't won, but we had regained our self-respect! Final score - Beeston 8 Derby Asterdale 4.

Impressive performances from Dave Young in defence, Chris Oldershaw in attacking centre midfield and Anthony in attack, but my Man of the Match was Andy Najman. The man never stops running! I wish I could share that kind of energy amongst the rest of the midfield.

Pete Wright

Back to top Go down

Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths Empty Re: Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths

Post  TomFitch Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:40 pm

A very respectable result!

TomFitch

Back to top Go down

Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths Empty Re: Sat 9 Oct 2010 - Mens 4ths vs Beeston 7ths

Post  p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:31 am

Well seeing that you only started scoring when I turned up to watch I can only conclude that it was my influence that inspired the spree at the end Suspect

I've been very impressed with Andy so far this season and we'll miss him on Saturday for sure.

P

p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  TomFitch Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:45 am

Andy is the one who never stops running, with unbelievable energy and can ring his shirt out at the end?

TomFitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down