Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 2nds vs Nuneaton 2nds (9th October)

Go down

Mens 2nds vs Nuneaton 2nds (9th October) Empty Mens 2nds vs Nuneaton 2nds (9th October)

Post  TomFitch Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:28 am

VS -Nuneaton 2nds away 9th October
2 - 5

Matt
Adam-RB
Ross-CB(MoM) Karl-CB
Darren-LB
Ian-DM
John-RM(C)
Fitch-LM (2a)
Kyle-AM (1)

Parker-Forward

Ben-Forward (1)
Absences - Bunker, Hexter, Kev.
A poor result, but an upbeat performance produced in an enjoyable match.

The game started with us very much of the back foot, loosing a short corner in a matter of seconds (A short corner which was powerfully defended by Karl at 1 and Ross at 2, which would need to be repeated numerous times during the course of the game.)

Before long we found ourselves 1 down, an inevitable result of a few minutes of pressure sustained on our goal, before long followed a second, a hesitated clearance on the edge of the D was capitalised on by the opposition and placed out of reach for Matt.

As we found our feet and became steadily more confident, we managed to hit Nuneaton a few times on the counter, firstly using the right hand side of the pitch and then switching it left. Finally an attack paid off, a quick break away and one two between myself and Ben put us through on goal, forcing a save out of the goalkeeper and winning the long, a quickly taken long from Matt to myself, Hammering the ball into the D Ben Taylor managed spin on the ball to hit a sweetly controller shot past the Goal keeper. Half time Derby 1 Nun Eaton 2.

The second half found a flurry of short corner's in favour of Nuneaton and again Karl found himself the man of the moment blocking the majority of the hits, after about 20 minutes of counter attacking hockey, we fell short defensively and found that the Nuneaton players were looking more likely to score, a quick succession of goals found them 1-4 up.

Rallying well we managed to keep our heads up, a quick release from the ever composed Ross found my run, after a few to many touches on the ball I found myself nearing the D, spotting the run of kyle behind the defender playing him in slightly wide of the goal he hit a solid strike past the goal keepers right foot into the corner of the goal.

The first short goal of the game was a controversial one, a few minutes from the end Nuneaton won yet another short, a nicely struck ball landed on the top of the backboard, effectively meaning the ball cant have crossed the line at backboard level, and after a few minutes of bickering a few greens were shown and the game finished 2-5.

A difficult game, with a reasonable amount of aggression and difficult umpires, ended in a series of handshakes and light hearted banter.

My man of the match goes to Ross, who's well timed tackles and accurate distribution allowed us to keep the score respectable and build attacks on, an award worthy of Karl's performance also, but he's ginger and out for the season.

Next week promises to be an interesting match at home against Loughborough Sharks, who have only played 1 match against top of the league Leicester and lost 0-4.

The season so far..
Derby 2 - 3 Leicester Westleigh (Hexter, Hexter)
Nuneaton 5 - 2 Derby (Ben, Kyle)
Next Fixture
Derby ----- Loughborough Sharks

NameAppearancesGoalsAssists
Matt(G) 2 - -
Ross(D) 2 0 0
Karl(D) 1 0 0
Darren(D) 2 0 0
Adam(D) 1 0 0
Derrek(D) 1 0 0
John(D) 2 0 0
Ian(D/M) 1 0 0