Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And there off!!! 3pts at last. Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI

5 posters

Go down

And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI Empty And there off!!! 3pts at last. Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:52 am

So into week 4 we came in what some would say were dire straits having so far this season played well, but the league tables didn’t lie, played 3 lost 3 points NIL.

We were in trouble !

We took a bare 12 players with us as Laura P is still injured and ‘H’ was at work, but the 12 did us proud.

The game started brightly with the revised squad formation switching the ball around the midfield and back with ease. The forward line lead by Taran was looking ever threatening to Bridgford and was more than ably supported by Anna and Becky.

As the 1st half progressed - as we have done on many occasions this season so far - we looked the stronger team and I was beginning to wonder if this week we could take advantage of our opening period of superiority, I needn’t have worried following a blistering period of 18 glorious 1st half minutes.

With a change to the short corner routines and personnel, it was the returning Anna Neilson who scored her 1st Midlands goal this season after picking up the loose ball from the keepers pads following our 1st short corner, slotting home with ease and send us 0-1 up after 8 minutes.

From the re-start we didn’t hold back and constant pressure saw us win another corner on 16mins This time it was Becky Norman who cleaned up the rebound to slam home our 2nd and leave Bridgford reeling at 0-2 down.

It was just wonderful to see the confidence oozing out of the team as we played the ball around with ease and our work off the ball was a delight to see.

We always felt that we have the skill set to break open any team and on 26 minutes one of the most delightful goals cam e that you could possibly hope to see.

Marie had the free hit out central on the 25, she played the ball wide to Becky whos first time slotted ball back infield to Kath top of the diamond was both quick and accurate. Kath then played a lovely return ball back to Becky who again first time repaid the compliment with a superb timed pass back to Kath, Kath almost straight away spotted Taran in space and threaded a great through ball inside, she continued her run inside the D and Tarans return ball was spot on enabling Kath to slam home a quite brilliant goal, just around 13 seconds from 25 mtr line to hitting the back of the Bridgford goal. STUNNING !! Even the crowd behind the benches were gasping in awe at the quality of the whole move.

So 26mins gone, Bridgeford 0 – 3 Derby cruising ------- you’d think ?

We had the unfortunate matter of inconsistency rear its head regarding what was a foul and what wasn’t as on 28 mins Marie tackled the Bridgford winger inside the D and may have caught her stick, there was no whistle and both players carried on, just a couple of seconds later the Bridgford player allowed Marie to get a clean stick jab in at which point the whistle went for a PC. MARIE WAS SHOWN A GREEN CARD !!! When she (Marie) asked the umpire why the card was given and “didn’t you see the tackle was clean? (I think that’s what she said, certainly words to that effect) the umpire upgraded the card to A YELLOW !! Maries 1st ever ! Bad decision that no-one could really understand.

From the resulting corner Bridgford managed to score from what appeared to be a lifted 1st shot on goal, but the umps must have seen something else and the goal stood. Bridgford 1-3 Derby.

½ time and spirits were very high, we could taste those 1st points of the season but we also knew Bridgford would come out fighting.

The 2nd ½ was a very tense affair as we seemed to lose our shape and allow Bridgford back into the game. I have to admit I can’t actually remember just how Bridgford scored their 2nd on 50 mins but I can remember feeling extremely nervous especially when a little more indiscipline came in and Lisa (cpt) received her own Green card for decent. Hmmmm.

But the time was on our side and the points were secured as the final whistle blew much to the delight of every player and staff.

West Bridgford 1st XI 2 – 3 Derby Asterdale 1st XI

Coaches Notes
And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI 264673_245355965474715_100000009416931_1036789_6061457_n

I took a calculated gamble today with the starting formation / personnel and the corner routines and with a little luck and a lot of skill from the team it paid dividends much to the huge relief of yours truly.

The re-grouping following Maries unfortunate Yellow was good to see and the controlled level of play, particularly in the 1st half was very good.

I want to mention Nigel today, not for just getting another *******ing from the umpires for his exuberant gestures while attempting to put over his own perspective as to which way EVERY decision should go, but also for his organisation of the defensive unit. Well done pal.

It finally feels great to have a 100% positive Saturday, the team is very up-beat, the coaching staff are extremely upbeat the players I’m sure feel fantastic and we all feel relieved!

A great performance from all and remember, from here the only way is upwards and onwards ladies.

Go Team Derby !!!

Man of the Match
BECKY NORMAN
And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI 296493_296124863731158_100000009416931_1222577_414097633_n

Match Donkey
LISA RICHARDSON
Overzealous arguing with an official
And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI 294343_296125213731123_100000009416931_1222580_1877281411_n

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI Empty Re: And there off!!! 3pts at last. Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI

Post  Admin Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:22 am

Great game today girls...next week sees us play Boots who were promoted last season so I know we are going to give them a great Derby welcome. Great result Smile very please skipper today Very Happy

Bring on next week and I will see you all Tuesday at training.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI Empty Re: And there off!!! 3pts at last. Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:33 am

Well played everyone. A thoroughly deserved win! Really enjoyed the game and know that today was the "start" of our season. Can't wait for the next game!
Must also say a big thank you to Andy, Nigel and Laura - the talking from the side-line was heard and appreciated by everyone.
See you all on Tuesday,
xxx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

And there off!!!     3pts at last.    Bridgford 2-3 Derby Lds 1st XI Empty Told off again!!!!!!

Post  nigel Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:44 am

A very happy manager tonight. Smile Smile

Firstly and i've already told him... the formation and PC changes by the coach today were brilliant. So hats off to Coach T. But the way you executed them was even better. Smile Smile Smile It looked so natural and each and every one of you were fantastic today.

The work rate you all put in today was superb. In particular for me, the front 3 of Bex, Anna and Taran worked so well.. Welll done. My MoM was a hard choice today because all of you played so well, and as a team today at you were fantastic. Keep the work rate up, keep coming to training, as playing together, training together does reap its rewards.

As for my indiscipline, that's the first time ive been told of for being too noisy!!!!!!!!!! (strange officiating) wait.. its the 2nd time!!! lol can i go back to umpiring, I get less emotional umpiring... lol

Happy Manager..

Nigel
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:17 pm

did feel good today. well done everyone. Hopefully that is the start of our winning streak. The sideline directions were very good - did find myself wondering back towards the middle so the odd shout brought me back in line!!. Still cant belive we saw 2 cards in a game!! the shame Smile
see you all tuesday. x
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:52 pm

They were very harsh Kelly. Totally undeserved! Who wears shirt 27 anyway?! think she should be spoken to by the management for her lack of discipline! Xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 pm

What ever the decisions today!! We did not lose concentration or let it effect us..!!!! We stuck together as a unit, fought together a unit and rose above it all.. SmileSmileSmile well done...

Think Marie just wanted a rest!!!!!! Lol

Manager
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:16 pm

Must agree with you Nigel. Great team spirit and fantastic work rate from everyone. But me wanting a rest ..... Nooooo!! Think certain members of the management have to be careful though - 2 warnings already and we've only played 4 league games. All that umpiring experience ..... Lol!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Hehehe... Who'd of thought, me being the more vocal of the management team... !!!!! I'm so quiet and shy normally.. Lol..
Let's hope I keep up my 50% record!!!! Hehe, just passionate about the team.... SmileSmileSmileSmile

Bring on boots next week and the bleep test on Tuesday!!! Hehehe
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:38 pm

He he! Don't know if i'll be able to do the bleep test with my bad back. Maybe I do need a rest .....!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down