Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters

3 posters

Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters Empty Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters

Post  RachB Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:51 pm

I'm writing the match report this week as Chris' hands were cold and he never took any notes (bless!) Heather played 2 games in a row so she can be forgiven for not taking much in.

It was a strange weekend for both the ladies 2nds and 3rds this weekend with a number of regular players missing from both squads and ended with some poor people being forced to / offering to play 2 matches in a row!! Add to that the stress and pressure on both captains - it's tough at the top you know Wink At least Sheridan held up well unlike me who crumbled with a stinking cold and spent most of the match pacing on the sideline trying but failing (owing to my rubbish throat) to shout instructions to the team and manage subs.

We started out a little nervously and Belper Otters came out hard in the first 10 minutes, Megan made a fantastic reflex save from a Belper short corner, she clearly didn't see the ball until it was on her kicker and she cleared over the sideline brilliantly! By 15 minutes in we had pretty much gained control of the game and after a couple of shots on goal on goal Emma slotted home confidently to make the score 1-0!!

We held control for the rest of the half and could have had a few more, however half time came and the score was still 1-0.

We restarted well, pushing hard again; totally controlling the game, however Belper were a young, fit team who passed the ball nicely when they could and were always a danger on the break. This is where my memory fails me, I know that Julieann scored the next goal but I couldn't tell you what the time was or describe it... perhaps I had my face in a tissue at that point? Anyway I'm sure it was a spectacular goal (it was scored by Julieann afterall) 2-0!

Poor Hilary pulled a muscle sometime in the first half and soldiered on, eventually she just had to come off after about 15 minutes of the second half. This is when I decided to be a martyr and take to the pitch (after it took me about 5 minutes to get changed, put my shin pads on, blow my nose etc....) Thankfully the rest of the team were still playing their hearts out and I could hide at the back and pretend to lead... well, from the back!

We finished the match at 2-0, we could have had more but I think considering the circumstances we were more than happy to take that score! It was another great team effort with coaching support on the sidelines from David Ellis which really helped. Thanks to Paul Neilson for umpiring and to all the supporters on the sidelines braving the cold wind and getting cold hands (no names mentioned - Chris). Finally a big thanks to Sheridan, Claire, Heather and Jo who all played in both home games - rather you than me this weekend.

Player of the match was Molly who battled away bravely all match long at top of the diamond. Donkey goes to (surprisingly) Julieann who tried to come on to the pitch without putting a team shirt on (that's what happens when you're late because you hoovered your car Surprised ) and did a load of other things that the rest of the team could give more info about!

Squad: Megan, Heather, Hilary, Tammy, Emma, Julieann, Molly, Rachel H, Kajal, Sam, Jo, Claire, Sheridan & Rach B

The best news came later in the evening when Coach Taylor informed us that Staveley had drawn against Matlock leaving us with an 8 point lead in Div 3 cheers

Some brief league stats for you:
Played 8, won 8 - 24 points
Goals for: 31 (although league table only shows 3 for a walkover)
Goals against: 1!!
Top scorers (appearances): Emma 6 (8 ), Julieann 5 (7), Tracey 4 (2)

Not bad for the first half of the season - fingers crossed for a successful second half....

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters Belper10

RachB

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters Empty Best report

Post  Parker Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Congratulations on yet another win. I loved reading your report Rach.
I could imagine you on the sideline struggling with ship pads.
And great report on the step by step goal scoring details. ;0)
Loved it. You guys are ripping it up.

Parker

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters

Post  Andy Taylor Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:55 am

Way to go ladies !

Now you can relax for a time and enjoy Chrimbo in the warm glow of being top of the league.

You are doing the club proud.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 3rds 2 - 0 Belper Otters

Post  RachB Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:27 am

Parker wrote:
And great report on the step by step goal scoring details. ;0)

Laura - it's all about the details Rolling Eyes

RachB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down