Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again

4 posters

Go down

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again Empty A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 am

So here we go, welcome back all after the Christmas break.

Its Saturday Night and as I sit down to write the Match Report I’ve opened a rather full bodied Wolf Blass Red Label Shiraz Cabernet Sauvignon to help with my memories of another win for the 1st XI.

The day itself was very cold but Nigel and I had a surprise for the squad that would warm heir hearts as during the team meeting we handed out (finally) the commemorative medals from our game v Australia in 2010.

The only downside to the day was that we were without Captain Lisa in goal through illness and we also lost our top league goal scorer Anna through a minor injury suffered at training on Tuesday. However we did welcome young Mary into the team to replace Anna and Megan from the 3rd XI played in goal so 12 stepped out to play Midlands 2 side Barton.

From the off it looked like we hadn’t been away as we pressed hard at the Barton back line and on just 6 mins a great right wing break saw the ball slipped under the advancing Barton keeper to Taran just 4 mtrs from goal, as she shot at goal the Barton defender flung herself across the line to stop the ball with her body conceding a Penalty Stroke.

I called out to Marie and she stepped up with great calmness and assurance to slot the ball in giving us the lead.

Derby 1 – 0 Barton

As the game re-started we played some well-drilled and disciplined Hockey forcing Barton back time and time again. Over the next 20 mins we won several penalty corners and tried several differing routines, non of which we scored from but I was very happy we were creating so many opportunities.

On 29 mins from a long corner the ball was shipped out to the Barton 25 and worked well by Mary into the ‘D’, she found Kath free in the centre who slotted home a nice goal to begin to give us a cushion.

Derby 2 – 0 Barton

The remainder of the 1st half saw us play a very controlled game and anytime Barton did breakthrough the midfield they found our back line in great form to snuff out any attacks.

½ time

The break saw the whole team sitting in the goal with contented faces, we were playing well and felt in control.

So the 2nd half started and once again we got the perfect settler as on 41 mins from another P Corner Marie smashed the ball home to give us an unassailable lead.

Derby 3 – 0 Barton

The whole team was flowing so well in their individual roles it enabled me to try differing formations and personelle which didn’t disrupt the performance at all.

On 60 minutes we should have gone 4-0 up as Taran (B Eng Hons in Biomaterial Science and Tissue Engineering) broke through to create a 3 on 2 in the ‘D’ but unfortunately she chose the wrong pass and the chance went away with Bex all alone in front of an empty goal shouting for the ball.

As time was running out Barton did score a last minute consolation goal to spoil a 100% Derby performance but the game did end with another Derby win.

Derby 3 – 1 Barton

Final Coaches notes.

I could mention every player today in a positive light but I have to get back to my wine and just haven’t got the time.

So many positives from today again, every unit played well and lasted for the whole match despite the long layoff.

A very good result against another very good team, happy with the goals but even happier with the midfield performances in particular.

The pub after the match saw lots of smiles and good banter, that’s exactly how it should be, we play this sport for pleasure and there is no greater pleasure than winning and celebrating with your friends.

Thanks to the supporters that came to watch the game, it was a cold day but I hope we didn’t let you down and you once again enjoyed the match.

Next week sees us play another new team as Stone visit Wilsthorpe for the 1st time, 1:30pm pushback, as we conclude our friendlies before we get back to the small matter of Midlands League Hockey.

Well done team Don’t forget to send me those profiles.

Man of the Match

Sick Note

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again 190680_10150219500991982_507121981_9213489_1030478_n

Donkey

Yours Truly
A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again 379407_348339715176339_100000009416931_1383431_277923066_n

Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again Empty Re: A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again

Post  Admin Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:25 am

Well done today girls...was great to see you all playing so well!

Andy, you didn't say WHY you won the Donkey Hat!!!
Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again Empty Re: A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:35 am

A bloody stitch up AGAIN, that's how I got the bloody thing.

Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

A double from Dymond sees Lds 1's win again Empty Welcome back!!

Post  nigel Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:02 am

Another great performance yesterday from all involved. SmileSmile well done. A comfortable victory SmileSmileSmile
And Marie, top goal scorer yesterday!! Who'd of thought. Hehehe

Thanks to The umpires, they were superb as well ( even the one that went off at halftime.) hehehe

As for the donkey hat., truly deserved Andy?? You must learn to say things in your head and think to yourself, will the ladies take it the wrong way!!. Of course they will.. Lol

See you all Tuesday, either indoor or outdoor. Will text to confirm start time and where. SmileSmileSmile

Manager (very part time umpire!!)

nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.bradley Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:30 am

Possibly the best I've seen you play this season. Allowing the ball to do the work and great movement from all the players. Not sure how you didn't score more!!

Keep it up for the league!! Very Happy
paul.bradley
paul.bradley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down