Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !!

+4
klee
Marie Dymond
Admin
Andy Taylor
8 posters

Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !!

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 am

Welcome back folks after what seems a very long break from Midlands Hockey action.

Tonight I am sitting down with a Bottle (maybe 2) of Stella Artois CIDRE as I embark once again on reporting as much as I can remember of today’s encounter.

Today’s visitors were top of the league Newark who earlier in the season caught us on the hop winning 2-0 and sent us crashing to the bottom of the league – oh what a difference a few months hard work can make.

A full squad of 13 today set out hoping and believing we could continue our recent sparkling form and match our opponents. A couple of shocks though on the Newark team sheet as their very dangerous Penalty corner striker and their Welsh International player were missing from the team sheet, our confidence grew even further.

The game started with Newark standing off into a ½ court press but today was our day for finding a way through the tight defence.

On just 9 minutes we won our first corner and in a slick routine Laura P crashed the ball goal bound for Taran to deflect high past the helpless keeper to give us an early 1-0 lead.

Derby 1 – 0 Newark

Taran 9 Mins PC

As we restarted I expected Newark to start to throw the proverbial Kitchen Sink at us but they continued with the strange stand off tactics.

They did have the occasional strong break out through Becky Taylor on the right flank but strong defending from firstly Laura P then young Mary after the substitutions snubbed out most attacks.

When Newark changed the wide attack options and came through the centre they came across Laura S in imperious form who dealt with all they threw at her.

We had to wait until the 32nd minute for Laura P to send all watching into absolute raptures as she latched on to a sublime through pass from Kath L leaving her with just the final 2 defenders to deal with, as she drove at the ‘D’ and slipped the ball passed the final defender she picked her spot and slammed home her shot just inside the far post for a sumptuous goal and to extend our lead.

Derby 2 – 0 Newark

Laura P 32 Mins OP

But we were not finished yet as right on the stroke of ½ time we won another corner. The call came out to repeat the 1st corner and the result was just the same but this time it was Laura S on the end of Laura P’s ball to deflect the ball high into the roof of the net. Just STUNNING !

Derby 3 – 0 Newark

Laura S 35 Mins PC

½ TIME

Phew………. A great 35 minutes but I had to remind everyone that we had let a 3-0 lead slip before so it was time to get our feet back on the ground and prepare for another 35 mins of very hard work.

Newark came out all guns blazing but we held very firm with Lisa in goal only having to make 2 saves, 1 of which was a stunner but that’s not the only chance Newark had, young Mary was on hand to clear off the line and some very clinically calm defending from Ali K kept the scores as they were.

We could and should have extended our lead though on more than one occasion with opportunities coming and going but it was a remarkable miss from 1 mtr by Helena H that kept it at 3-0, you did feel though we were good for at least 1 more goal and on 65 mins we duly supplied it.

If I was to copy and paste the paragraph describing Laura S’s first goal in to this section it would suffice as in an almost exact copy she roofed another PC to bury the game.

Derby 4 – 0 Newark

Laura S 65 Mins PC

As the clock was running out Amanda P – for the only time I can recall in 5 years – was completely taken out with a very tired tackle from the side (she got there as soon as she could). As Amanda got herself up the dazed look on her face was a picture, she wobbled and her knees buckled so I ask her if she needed to come off but there was no way she was going to – SHE MANNED UP BIG TIME !

So the clock ran out and Derby hadn’t just beaten the top of the table, I think its fair to say we thumped the top of the table.

FINAL SCORE

Derby 4 – 0 Newark

Coaches Notes

It was an almost perfect performance. Newark were missing some key players but we were on fire.

We scored 3 of the best PC’s you will ever see and our controlled play across the back line in particular was superb.

Skaifey though was just magnificent at sweeper, nothing got through all day, she was in the D when we defended and in Newarks D when we attacked, such brilliant energy and determination – Oh and she scored 2.

Results did go our way today but there’s still a long way to go. It’s now all about just taking 1 game at a time starting with a mouth watering fixture next week away at Matlock.

But back to today, when the opposition coach Paul Halfpenny turned to me at ½ time and says that we are now the best team in the league I think that’s something to take on board with a certain amount of pride.

It was a great all-round game from a team that’s just getting better and better and better. 20 pts out of the last 24 available, its not bad LOL

Man of the match
Laura Skaife

Match Donkey
Helena (watch my huge feet) Honarmand

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! 419236_358123320864645_100000009416931_1406290_300614804_n

Just for Kathryn who wanted me to sign off in a more exuberant way than usual………….

I am a happy, grinning, contented, satisfied, proud & most of all I’m a very lucky coach to have such a wonderful group of athletes to work with.

Derby 4 – 0 Newark GET IN THERE !

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty supporters

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 am

SORRY SORRY SORRY

I forgot in my hurry to watch the live hockey to thank the supporters today, its fantastic to see so much club support on the sidelines it really does make a huge difference.

Thanks every one of you.

Coach T
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty Re: Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !!

Post  Admin Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:54 am

Fantastic game all!

Well done and bring on next week Smile Smile

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty Re: Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !!

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:13 am

Stella artois cider???Smile
Great all round performance today girls. Everyone played brilliantly but Laura S was awesome!! Thanks to everyone that came to support - we really appreciate it. Paul, we finally got you a home win in the league!Smile Really enjoyed the game today and can't wait for next week - bring it on!! See you on Tuesday! Xx.
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  klee Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:19 pm

Wow, I have to say, it was really quite exhilirating to be playing today! Newark are a formidable side, but they just didn't have an answer on this occasion. They simply happened to catch us in rather top form. Girls, you all played superbly today - skaifey you were completely on fire and you thoroughly deserved the Man of the Match!
Thank you Andy for signing off in a slightly more enthusiastic way and not just, "Happy coach tonight".
Also, I would like to add my thanks to everyone who supported from the side lines, it does give such a boost and is much appreciated.
Kathryn
P.S. MY LEGS ACHE!

klee

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.bradley Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:46 am

Possibly the best I've seen a Derby Asterdale Team play, the penalty courners were world class.

It took some time for a home win but it was worth waiting for!! Very Happy Very Happy

A pleseure to umpire.

Keep it up. Smile
paul.bradley
paul.bradley

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty Outstanding team effort

Post  Parker Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:12 pm

I just wanted to share with you how proud I was of the level of speed, accuracy of passes and composure on the ball demonstrated across the pitch on Saturday. A truly outstanding team effort.... I know this might sound weird but I had a random moment in the second Half when I had a realisation of how strong a team we were.

Marie reminded me of a player I used to play with, the strength and accuracy of passes being played around the back 3 was superb. Holding on to the possession and letting the opposition run back and forth and waiting for a gap to open up...with out forcing it or feeling like they should be creaming it up the pitch. A truly high level of play that of which most national league teams would be proud of I'm sure.

I'm loving the team effort, we are a strong unit that works for one another and we seem to be getting stronger and stronger and able to predict each others play as each game progresses.

Let's hope we can take this on to next weeks game.

It's great to be a part of this!

P.S. My legs ache too

Also I meant to mention... I wanted to say thank you for the pitch side support, it really makes a difference. It's great to have the club behind you.

Sicknote signing off ;0)

Parker

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty I'm lovin it, lovin it, lovin it!

Post  ali kerr Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:06 pm

what a great range of posts for a fab match - For no other reason than I have a strange sense of humour, my new years resolution is to try to find lyrics to summarise our matches - as you have probably guessed this week it's "I'm lovin it!". See you all Tuesday. X ali bounce

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty GREAT IDEA ALI

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:23 pm

Those that were close to my car in the car park Saturday after the match would have heard belting out from my car audio system that HUGE queen classic

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

Ask Sick Note she thought it was sooooo funny

Lol

Let's see what others post. Could be interesting.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 am

What an excellent team performance. ALL 13 players were faultless which contributed to a comfortable and dominant team performance.

We know from our own experience this season that Newark are a good team and can be hard to break down, but they couldn't cope with our style of play on Saturday. Credit
To you all.

Thanks to Paul for umpiring. It's nice to have umpires at both ends of the pitch which let the game flow. When you come off the pitch not commenting on the umpires, you know they've done a good job!!

Let's carry on our good form into next weeks game.

And to quote a favous lyric... "the winner takes it all"

See you all Tuesday SmileSmile

Manager
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's beat Newark 4-0 thanks to a double from Super Skaife !! Empty FROM NEWARKS WEB SITE

Post  Andy Taylor Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:03 am

On the Newark Site.....

MATCH COMMENTS

Only the one match this weekend and I only have the match report to go on so I'm going to leave the previous weeks 'Pantomime' issue on for another week!
The 1's did not have a good week! However, while missing key players, it was a chance for others to experience 'life at the top'. Well done to Sasha for stepping up so well, and Katherine - who's rapidly becoming a fixture! Just a pity they had to go down to that particular team!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Their coaches report was very acurate on all counts, Paul is a top man and coach who I have great respect for, Newark are lucky to have him. Shame the rest of his club are holding on to the misconceptions of the past, anyone would think they don't like me (or us) lol. Very Happy
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down