Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5

+3
Admin
babyface
Andy Taylor
7 posters

Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Lutterworth 1st XI 4 – 5 Derby 1st XI

For the 1st time in a very long time we went into today’s game with a bare 11 players.

Rachael Whittaker and Laura Sager both had commitments today and Tash is still out through injury, the additional loss this morning of Kath Lee with family commitments meant a hard days work for all.

With this game being our 1st full match since November is was going to be a true test of the fitness levels.

We started though at a fantastic pace putting Lutterworth on the back foot from the off. The only danger we put ourselves under was via occasional breaks on the counter attack when we over committed forward but they were few and far between.

With great creative midfield play from Laura Skaife, Marie Dymond, Becky Norman and Helena Honormand it felt only a matter of time before our pressure told and following a stunning drive from Laura on 21 mins, Anna Neilson slammed home from 6 yards to start a great personal performance from her. Lutt’orth 0 – 1 Derby.

It took Anna only another 6 mins to add another goal (26 mins) to her ever increasing and impressive tally of goals this season with a great strike from inside the ‘d’ leaving the keeper no chance. Lutt’orth 0 – 2 Derby.

Away and cruising you’d think !!!!

A fantastic penalty corner on 30 mins and a very high-class first time strike from a bullet cross on 33 mins stunned Derby as Lutterworth pulled level. The goals were of such high class that even Captain Marie stood and applauded.

Half Time Lutt’orth 2 – 2 Derby.

A little reminder of the basics and a small tactical change at half time sent Derby out with renewed spirit, the only problem was that Lutterworths own confidence was at its highest after the late first ½ goals pulled them level.

In a stunning 12 minute spell though Derby put the result beyond doubt – you’d think ....again.
On 42 minutes another great run from Anna saw her find space inside the ‘d’, a pin point ball from Marie (I THINK) saw Anna latch on to the ball and instead of striking the ball she took on the keeper and using great skill took the ball around her, as she dragged the ball away from the advancing keeper a terrible tackle saw Anna completely wiped out - she was lucky not to have come out of injured.

The stroke was duly awarded – I did think about giving it to Anna to give her the opportunity for the hat-trick but this was a practice game so I decided to let regular taker Laura Skaife step up.

Bang in goes No 3 with a confident flick from the returning Skaify. Lutt’orth 2 – 3 Derby.

Straight from the re-start Derby won the ball back and drove up field, a good ball in from the left found guess who – Neilson – to slot home her hat-trick goal (43 mins), we were now rampant. Lutt’orth 2 – 4 Derby.

Lutterworths heads though didn’t drop. On 50 mins one of their midfield players did suffer a twisted ankle and had to be helped from the field leaving them with a squad of only 14 ! Unfortunately at the same time Helena began to feel a slight pull in her hamstring so again I took the decision to play the remaining 20 mins with just 10 players rather than risk any further aggravation to Hels Hamstring– a situation that almost cost us the game. Oh for the rest of the squad to have been here.

On 54 mins we won our 6th PC of the match. The call went out for TAKE THAT. Up stepped Anna – guess what happened next………… Stop…. Thump…. Crash against the backboard…. Anna gets her 4th of the game. What a strike. Lutt’orth 2 – 5 Derby.

As fatigue set in the Derby players began to wane against the 14 player squad of Lutterworth.

A very scrappy goal on 60 mins from Lutterworth and a controversial goal on 63 mins made the final minutes exciting but we held out for the win. Lutt’orth 4 – 5 Derby.

Wow. What a game again.

Coach’s (Me) Summary

Loads and Loads of positives from the game.

· Anna’s goals
· Amanda was outstanding at the back
· Laura Skaife would have been MOM had it not been for Anna’s performance.
· Taran ran forever
· The passing at times was crisp
· The press was good in spells
· The patience shown and 2nd phase had there moments.

4 goals conceded could make you think we had a bit of a mare at the back but no. An unstoppable PC, a brilliant 1st time strike, a strike which looked like it had been hit in from outside the ‘d’ that Lisa left – I absolutely believe you Nigel when you say it was inside, you had a far better view than I did – were goals anyone could have conceded.

Ali, Kelly, Theresa and Amanda were outstanding.

Very Happy Coach.

Goals

Anna Neilson 21 mins (op)
Anna Neilson 26 mins (op)
Laura Skaife 42 mins (ps)
Anna Neilson 43 mins (op)
Anna Neilson 54 mins (pc)

Cards – NIL

MOM (Wiggy) – Anna Neilson with 9 out of 13 votes

Next week we recommence our league programme away at Southwell 10:30am start.

As a foot note

I feel it only right to report an unbelievable sighting today, it was almost as rare as spotting a Yeti or the Lock Ness Monster or Anna with a soft drink on a night out or Helena with only 1 layer on.

As I travelled down to the match on the M1, all alone listening to my chilled music doing 68 mph (Honest), I was shocked to see a certain Marie Dymond with an evil glint in her eye come flying past me doing an incredible 69 mph at least ! Yes she actually overtook someone !!!!

Not only that, she also did it coming back from the game too !!!!!!

If the truth be told I had to do 110mph just to catch her up !! Opps.

Other laughs from the day……..

· Amanda admitting she couldn’t fasten her new bra and had to go to her Mums for help !!
· Lisa’s face as Lutterworth presented us with 3 boxes of cakes to take back with us – Lisa is on a Diet !
· Lisa’s BF at Nigel following the 3rd goal.
· Anna’s anxious face as she waited for the MOM result to come in – never was such a result so obvious.
· Amanda seriously considering giving her MOM vote to Donna Wimberley (as was) ahh the memories.

A good day was had, but back to the serious stuff next week………CANT WAIT !!

Watch out Southwell !!

Oh I almost forgot to mention.....

GUESS WHO SCORED FOR THE MENS 3'S TODAY !!!!!

LIFE IN THE OLD MAN YET Laughing
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty Congratulations

Post  babyface Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 pm

Well done all on what was clearly a very impressive performance.

Looking forward to next Saturday, it was a pleasure to play for such a positive and welcoming team last Tuesday ( I can remember aplogising and getting no grief from anyone - will have to get used to that!)

see you all on Tuesday

Laura G

babyface

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty my BF was for a valid reason!

Post  Admin Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Ok, so here's the thing. If the ball was inside the D or if I had any doubt I would have still saved it. Kelly saw it was out, mand saw it was out, even their umpire (who was down our end) said it was out!!! 4 against 1! I think I win this 1! Don't mess with a girl on a diet. :\
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty the day after!

Post  alison kerr Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:02 am

is it just me or has anyone else woken up today feeling 20 years older after that exciting yet demanding game???? I had forgotten what the day after felt like - goodness knows how tomorrow will feel??

Hate to perpetuate an argument but i have to say i hoped it was outside the 'd' but my heart did sink when i thought it had just crossed into the 'd' - not that I'm trying to gain credit with Nigel to make up for my horrible 'tackle' that led to a short they scored from.
anyway, i had a fab time yesterday and look forward to Southwell - bring it on!!
ali

alison kerr

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty 20 years older - try 30 !!!

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:30 am

After my own exherts yesterday in a brief run out for the 3's - did I mention I scored - I was allready a little tired, but after the emotional ups and downs of another 9 goal thriller I was Kna****** ! What wrong with 2-1 now and again, it doesn't have to be 7-5 or 4-3 or 4-5 or 3-3 in the final minute. Your certainly keeping my blood circulating.

But the look on your face was a picture, I think there were times you would have loved a rest LOL

You did look like you hadn't been away though, a great 70 mins especially when you consider just how long it is since you played last.

Great to see you back. Now where's the paracetamol.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty Re: Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5

Post  Anna Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:51 am

erm..... from where I was I thought it was OUTSIDE the D too Neutral

And I wasn't standing that far away from Nigel. I suppose that does mean we were further away than you were. But us 2 quite clearly have superior eyesight! tongue

Great performance by all yesterday! I really enjoyed it (perhaps not the last 20 when I was up front by myself - cheers for that H!! Who knew I'd finally agree with the need for subs?!? lol! )
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty Re: Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5

Post  KellyO Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:10 am

outside, outside, outside, outside
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:10 am

but it was only a friendly so i'm not bitter........... LOL
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:00 am

Firstly,

is was great to actually go to an away game with you all. Smile NOTE FOR LEAGUE REP... NO NEUTRAL AWAY UMPIRES NEXT SEASON!!!!!!

Secondly,

Not going to get into the in out in out shake it all about conversation...... Wink All I would say, is that i wouldn't of said anything if a wasn't sure.... scratch OUTSIDE OUTSIDE! OK I ADMIT IT! Mwahahahahahahahah! lol!
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:50 am

Boo Hiss to all of you inside the D people! The people who were inside the D all saw it clearly! OUTSIDE. So There.

Even little Miss sit on the fence Kelly O supports this! And she never does unless she is sure so there cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 am

But we all love Nigel.

PS, well done Andy on your goal.
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 pm

Has someone been doing a little web editing!!!!!!!! lol!
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:19 pm

I hadn't noticed that!!!

Tut tut! Administrator abuse! lol!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:37 pm

I may report Admin to the web editing council for justice... Very Happy
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Anna scores 4 as Derby ladies 1st XI beat Lutterworth 4-5 Empty The Verdict

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:25 pm

Summing up Judge Taylor says

Administrator -- GUILTY ! farao
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:50 am

I don't know what you're on about! :S
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down