Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asterdale Ladies 1st XI put Belper 3’s to the sword

Go down

Asterdale Ladies 1st XI put Belper 3’s to the sword Empty Asterdale Ladies 1st XI put Belper 3’s to the sword

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:30 pm

Asterdale Ladies 1st XI put Belper 3’s to the sword.

Saturday saw yet another high class win for Derby Asterdale as they continue with their relentless charge at the top of the Derbyshire ladies league.

The early start on the water base at Belper was always going to be a difficult match for Derby against the counties premier club but confidence was very high under the leadership of Captain Marie Dymond and coach Andy Taylor as Derby set about putting another possible title challenger out of contention.

Derby began the match at a blistering pace forcing Belper onto the back foot from the off, but Belper also showed their class attempting to break down the Derby onslaught with dangerous counter attacks of their own and it was Captain Marie Dymond who settled all nerves with an absolute blistering strike from the top of the ‘D’ after 10 minutes, to give Derby the lead at 1-0.

Belper would not lie down easily though, especially on their own pitch, and constantly broke down the continuous attacks of Derby but the pressure on the Belper goal was always going to tell at some stage.

A quite brilliant run down the right wing from Anna Neilson left the Belper defence in disarray as she drove the end line and squared a cross for Taran who unbelievably missed from just 2 yards out, but the seeds had been sown, and only 2 mins later (22mins) a driven ball into the ‘D’ saw Anna Neilson apply a very deft touch, lifting the ball past the keeper just inside the near post for another high quality goal.

At half time the Belper team had visibly changed their tactics to one of keeping the score down to a respectable level and just 2 mins into 2nd half Derby proved just how hard that was going to be as Midfield star, Kath Lee, produced a tremendous run into the heart of the Belper defence and managed to slot the ball away past a helpless keeper for yet another very classy goal (37 mins).

With the match now over Derby began to play the Ball around with consummate ease led by Donna Wibberley at left midfield playing a superb role (winning her Man of the Match).

But the scoring was far from over as 1st Captain Marie Dymond scored to take the score to 4 – 0 after 56 mins and the final word was left to Anna Neilson.

With 58 mins gone Derby were awarded a penalty corner, Neilson stopped the ball on the top of the ‘D’ and as the Belper defence stood off her, she placed a quite superb strike to the keepers right just hitting the top of the backboard to complete the scoring at 5-0 and continue Derby’s 100% season in style.

Coach Taylor commented:

What can you say, absolutly brilliant!

This was my 1st competitive game back at Belper after playing for there for 10 years and managing the Men’s National League side for the final 2 years of my stay. This was always going to be an emotional time for me but wow how the team did me proud.

From the front ‘glory players’ to the ‘stalwarts’ in defence and the terrific ‘engines’ we have in midfield, we played as a complete unit.

One comment after the game which I found very poignant came from a Belper player who said that they were so glad they kept the score down to ‘5’. This victory should be give immense praise, to go into the Lions Den of Belper and totally dominate a game in the manner we did and score 5 goals along the way was quite honestly a superb achievement.

It seems at the moment I make the same comment after every game but once again I am an extremely proud coach tonight.

Goals:

10 mins…..0 - 1Marie Dymond (op)
22 mins…..0 - 2Anna Neilson (op)
37 mins…..0 - 3Kath Lee (op)
56 mins…..0 - 4Marie Dymond (op)
58 mins…..0 - 5Anna Neilson (pc)

Pld 16W16D0L0F83A6Pts48………LEAGUE POSITION1st

Laughing Andy Taylor Laughing
Ladies 1st XI Coach
Derby Asterdale Hockey Club

Last edited by on Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Asterdale Ladies 1st XI put Belper 3’s to the sword Empty Player of the match

Post  Admin200 Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:47 am

Just to add that this weeks player of the match was:

Donna Wibberley who also will be having her 26th Birthday on Monday!

Happy Birthday Don Don Wibble Wobble!

Admin200

Back to top Go down