Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENS 3RDS VERSUS MANSFIELD 23RD JANUARY 2010 - Special Guest!

2 posters

Go down

MENS 3RDS VERSUS MANSFIELD 23RD JANUARY 2010 - Special Guest! Empty MENS 3RDS VERSUS MANSFIELD 23RD JANUARY 2010 - Special Guest!

Post  John Mann Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:17 am

This weeks fixture found derby away against relegation hopefuls Mansfield

Several of the Derby players still feeling the Christmas excess and a hangover from the night before was the least of our problems. Kyle Sev was AWOL (thanks to the wonders of a faulty satnav) leaving derby with 10 men.

To the relief and surprise of the mens 3rd Andy Taylor kindly offered to make up the numbers against his old club.

We have decided to go back to our 4,4,2 formation with the success from last year and to allow our counter attacking to be more affective.

Sadly the match report is brief this week. In essence Derby never really found form in the opponents D but controlled the game throughout.

Andy taking a composed goal before leaving the pitch to soak up his old clubs taunts.

Player of the Match this week was spilt amount the entire Derby defence of Ian McWilliams, Alex Nigbar, Chris Packer and Myself. Plus Ben Taylor taking the bullet and goalkeeping again this season. I am sure he will contest if he was on the field he would have finished half the chances that were created for our striking force.

Pete Chesney scoring several goals emphasising his desire to become our leading goal scorer this season........come on boys we need to work together to ensure he keeps scoring outfield as the short corners were shocking Surprised)!

So Special thanks to Andy and here is to a double match fixture next weekend.

Final score 1-3 win for Derby

John Mann

Back to top Go down

MENS 3RDS VERSUS MANSFIELD 23RD JANUARY 2010 - Special Guest! Empty Special Guest

Post  Andy Taylor Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:38 am

Just a thanks to the 3's for putting up with me for the 1st half Saturday.

Who'd have thought I'd be making my League Debut for Derby at the "Young at Heart " age of 48!!!

I haven't played any league Hockey for 7 years and I'm affraid it looked like it too.

Great to get my goal but even more satisfying to see you get a useful win. Keep it going guys, once the cob-webs have been run off you'll be fine.

Thanks Again
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down