Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENS 4THS VERSUS BARTON 4THS 6 MARCH 2010

2 posters

Go down

MENS 4THS VERSUS BARTON 4THS 6 MARCH 2010 Empty MENS 4THS VERSUS BARTON 4THS 6 MARCH 2010

Post  Derek Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:41 pm

Following a very disappointing result last weekend in which we were held to a 1-1 draw at Sth Notts we were looking for a better performance today against a useful Barton side who have been steadily climbing the table. We welcomed back Matt Hexter, Will Howarth and Ollie Halford all slotting into midfield with Dale Bradley fitting into the ample spikes of top scorer Anthony Crooks who is spending the weekend with the Commonwealth sprint team.

One of our major strengths is the ability to start games at a good pace but today the first 5 minutes were played in eerie quiet with neither side wanting to take the initiative. However following that period our midfield began to dominate, time and again stealing possession to mount our attacks. Some of our passing and movement was near back to its best and at half time we were 4-0 to the good. Just before the half time whistle however Nick Boulton was brought into action with his first and only save of the half. Unfortunately this aggrevated a warm up injury ultimately resulting in a trip to the City Hospital. I am glad to announce that he has been discharged but will not be fit to cook a big mac for another week or play in goal for 3. Luckily for us the 5ths have discovered a useful youngster who we hear was very unlucky not to pull off a penalty save today at Lichfield.

Thanks to Barton we were able to replace Nick with Karl Lucas for the second half. Before he came on we were probably experiencing our biggest home crowd of the season (if you include the paramedics).

The second half continued much as the first. Matt playing superbly feeding Matt who would normally look for Matt but he wasn't playing this week. Instead he found Kev or Dale or even Will. 4 for Kev this week, he looked pretty pleased. The fourth was an own goal but we've given it to him, stangely I may not have been so generous had it been AC. 1 goal apiece to Dale, Matt, Will and Billy. An 8-1 victory with a consolation goal for Barton. A much better result than we could have expected today but we created good clear cut chances which were to a high percentage converted.

Not much of the season left, next week an alarm clock start at Belper. Well done today lads. The team photo looks superb and has been sent to Admin, look out for it on the website. Paul, I wish you'd get yourself a proper shirt.

Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

MENS 4THS VERSUS BARTON 4THS 6 MARCH 2010 Empty Re: MENS 4THS VERSUS BARTON 4THS 6 MARCH 2010

Post  p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:46 am

Ya dude...that's so me, ya Shocked Shocked Shocked

I shall look the part for next year...as it is, I fit in perfectly well sartorially speaking i.e. tatty, and I have better motorbikes to spend my money on with the better weather and dry roads on the way Evil or Very Mad

P

p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk

Back to top Go down