Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 3s v Nottm Players

Go down

Mens 3s v Nottm Players Empty Mens 3s v Nottm Players

Post  p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:42 am

Another away game, another loss, another reasonable performance and plenty of knashing teeth. If you've read the previous posts then this is pretty much the same story. In hindsight I should have stuck to my guns and insisted on a daylight game...oh well, you live and learn. This game started at 5pm!

Players turned up with a suspiciously talented and quick squad and set to us like a hot knife through butter. Again it was end to end stuff with tireless running from the midfield and forwards..possibly too much as times. The first goal was a bit of defence balls up on our part, but still a well taken goal and all three subsequent goals from Players were good goals. Make no mistake we made them work for their win tonight. On balance I would have hoped that we were good enough for a goal, but we only made 4 or 5 half chances, to their 8 or 9 solid ones.

Despite all the post match chest beating and self flagellation, we played as well as could be expected. Alex Tolson played for us for the first time and after a bit of headless running in the first half turned in a good display in the 2nd. As ever it was a team performance, but Tony Crooks played particularly well today. He was double and triple marked all game and still made space for Alex, Matt and Stuart.

Leamington at home next week.

Cheers...P

p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk

Back to top Go down