Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sat 20 Nov - Men's 4ths vs Chesterfield 4ths (updated)

Go down

Sat 20 Nov - Men's 4ths vs Chesterfield 4ths (updated) Empty Sat 20 Nov - Men's 4ths vs Chesterfield 4ths (updated)

Post  Pete Wright Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 am

A briefer report than usual - I wasn't actually there, I was partying, so am relying on what others have told me. I'll add more when I learn more, but the good news is we won 3-1! That's our first victory since the first league game of the season, leapfrogging us over Chesterfield 4ths and lifting us two points clear of the relegation zone, with a fixture next week against bottom of the league Burton 5ths. The possibility begins to raise its head of our surviving in this league.

I'm told that it could have been 3-0 but for a short corner awarded as the final whistle blew.

Update:
Our first goal came from a short corner after 10 mins. Paul Neilson slipped the ball to Dale Bradley, Dale miss-hit but Simon Downes reacted quickly to slot the ball home. Our second after 20 mins. again came from a miss-hit short corner. Paul slipped the ball to Dale, Dale miss-hit, but the ball just managed to creep over the goal-line. Halftime score 2-0.

Our third goal came thanks to Dan Tucker, 15 mins into the second half, tapping a scrappy ball into the Chesterfield net. Chesterfield's goal, a short corner, came with the final hit of the game.

So, a good game for Derby. Although our goals scrappy we very much deserved the win and, in fact, should not really have conceded the final goal.

Man of the match - the whole team played very well, making the choice difficult, but man of the match was Tom Hart.

Last edited by Pete Wright on Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update with fuller report)

Pete Wright

Back to top Go down