Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies top 50 goals in final Belper Indoor league fixture

2 posters

Go down

Ladies top 50 goals in final Belper Indoor league fixture Empty Ladies top 50 goals in final Belper Indoor league fixture

Post  Andy Taylor Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:48 am

Ladies Finish Belper Indoor League Fixtures with 4-0 win over Rolls Royce.

With only a bare squad of 5 available tonight and with the league already won, Derby’s approach to the game was at times perhaps a little too relaxed, but they still ran out 4-0 winners in this final league game.

From the off it was Royce’s who caused all the problems and it was down to keeper Gill Howarth to keep Derby in the match during the early exchanges with a string of fine saves.

But Derby did eventually get into their stride with Anna Neilson, Marie Dymond and Sue-Anne all coming close. Just before ½ time on 11 mins it was Saturdays heroine Anna Neilson who managed to slip her markers and slot the ball in past the Royce keeper to send Derby in 1-0 at half time.

A little reaffirming of what was required by coach Taylor saw a more committed team in the 2nd half up their performance to put the match away early.

Penalty corners came and went with the resilient Royce’s Keeper making save after save, but on 4 mins of the 2nd half it was Sue Anne that finished off a flowing move with the final pass coming in from Captain Amanda Petrie to send Derby 2-0 up.

On 11 mins Amanda Petrie found herself on the receiving end of a superb ball from Marie Dymond to slot home a brilliant finish to give Derby an unassailable 3-0 lead and just 30 seconds later again Marie placed a superb pass this time to Anna Neilson to get her 2nd of the night and finish the scoring at 4-0 to Derby.

Final Standing

Pld 10 Won 9 Draw 1 Lost 0 F: 50 A: 13 Pts 28

CHAMPIONS

There followed a friendly against Ashbourne who fielded a team full of 1st XI players which Derby again won 3-2 with goals from Anna Neilson, Marie Dymond and Captain Amanda Petrie.

Coach Taylor commented:

Tonight was a quite low key performance but again we got through it well. The whole team looked tired but as they have done all season they pulled together to put in a performance worthy of winning the League scoring an increrdible average of 5 goals per game!

The whole indoor league squad deserve praise for their achievements this season and I am personally looking forward to EVERYONE being available for the "Top 3 Round Robin Tournament" in 2 weeks time, where we can truly celebrate as a squad this well won league title.

I would like to give special praise to Indoor Captain Amanda Petrie who has led from the front all season, chipping in with some great goals and leading the squad by example.

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:58 am; edited 3 times in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies top 50 goals in final Belper Indoor league fixture Empty Re: Ladies top 50 goals in final Belper Indoor league fixture

Post  Admin Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:39 am

Well done Girlies,

What date is the round robin....I may be back for it. (If you want me) Shocked

Let me know!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down