Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds

5 posters

Go down

Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds Empty Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds

Post  Admin Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:01 am

Due to Coach Taylor being away (In Skeggy) I said I’ll write this weeks report.

Well what to say about this week........ummmmm. We lost! BUT our spirits are still high......

Player of the match - went to the keeper
Pants of shame - went to the keeper...How rude Shocked

Take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves."
Most of you have heard that phrase before, right?!?! Did you ever stop to think about what it really means? What are the little things? What are the big things? And, how do the big things take care of themselves?

As a hockey player you need to focus on the "little things", the aspects of your game that you directly control. You have control over how you execute your attack and defence. You have control over your hassle, your speed, your drive and your effort. You have control as you are positioning your body against your opponent. You have control over your attitude, your spirit, your passion, and your good sportsmanship.

The bigger things are not in your direct control. Don't concern yourself with the Umpires or the way the other team is performing. You can't control the crowd, the coaches, or your teammates.
Don't focus on these aspects. The bigger things will take care of themselves.

If you focus on the bigger things - the score, the calls, or the opponent, then your individual effort will suffer. Attacks will be missed, rebounds will be lost, a loss will happen.

Keep your mind and body focused on only the items that you can control and that you need to perform.

When you execute the little things to perfection, then the score and the victory will take care of themselves! The victory will happen. It will happen because each one of you has done your part. Your collective efforts will come together as a victory on Saturday.

I truly believe we can do this! Smile

See you Sat
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds Empty Re: Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds

Post  Anna Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:39 pm

Can we do it?

Yes... We... Can!!!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:49 pm

Very deep and meaningful Lisa!!

Bring on Saturday!!!!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds Empty Go girls

Post  Annie Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Wow - very deep n meaningful.

Good luck for Saturday.

Just something I read on your wall ages ago & it's stuck with me since, it's from Ali & thought it was worth a 're-post' (is there such a word???)

It's from the Towchester match:
i think that i'm still on a high from our performances this weekend! or maybe it's nervous exhaustion. How can it be that we can still be the best team on the pitch, play the best hockey, dominate the game and still lose, yet on top of that still feel energised and more and more hooked by the game of hockey?

Perhaps it has something to do with feeling that in spite of the score, you are playing such high class hockey, with a quality side, part of a great club, and more importantly as part of a team who care, support and work for each other tirelessly. It really is a pleasure to turn up each week and spend my free time with such a great bunch of people. Can't wait for the next installment now. ali.

Again good luck for next week.
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies 1st V Leicester 3rds Empty Coaches Comments

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:16 am

Lisa,

you've been reading far too many motivational speech books...... lol!

One thing you missed off your "in depth" report was the score. Leics 2 - 1 Derby.

Anyway,

I’m back from my East Coast Tour now so I thought I would add a small comment.

I want to congratulate Ruth on scoring her 1st goal Saturday for the 1st XI.

It was fair to say that she was very worried about making the starting line up for us but she soon settled and had a very good game.

After hitting the post 5 minutes in, she took her 2nd opportunity with style, pouncing onto a rebound ball and sweeping it home from 8 yards out leaving the keeper no chance.

Great goal Ruth I’m very pleased for you and I hope that this was the first of many more to come.
Your patience as substitute and commitment at training has come to fruition at last and I can see a very bright future for you within the 1st XI squad. Sorry Gill she's ours now!!!

We all wanted the victory so much on Saturday but it just wasn’t to be our day, despite several good individual performances we didn’t quite get our passing and ball speed up to the required standard on this very hot day. At this level the slightest dip in form seems to get punished every time, its hard.

Our overall performance Saturday would score around 75%, but the effort put in was at 100% without a doubt.

We now know where we are in terms of staying up - something we wholly deserve – a point will do but we are going for all 3 without question. There is a mathematical equation that does state we can lose and still stay up but we are not going down that road.

It’s 3PTS all the way!!!!!

Please tell your family and friends to come along Saturday and lets use the 12th man (our supporters) to our advantage. With the Men’s 1st, 4th & 5th XI all not playing, along with the Ladies 2’s (I think) and the ladies 3’s on later I would hope that the club will get behind us with their support in this key match.

Pass on the word

12 noon start Wilsthorpe v Players

Training Tuesday Night please everyone.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down