Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1st XI hit Staveley for 5

3 posters

Go down

Ladies 1st XI hit Staveley for 5 Empty Ladies 1st XI hit Staveley for 5

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:51 am

Good day all.

Due to the amount of Alcohol consumed at Saturday nights Karaoke I will apologise now for the brevity of the following match report due to the enormous hangover still in place by your author.

So to the Match………

Home v bottom of the league Staveley should have be a guaranteed win and so it was to prove.

We opened the scoring on 6 mins through a great penalty corner strike from Anna and this was quickly followed up on 10 mins with a close range goal from Taran to set the tone for the match.

We attempted to play a new formation during the 1st half and at times we did become a little disjointed and let Staveley back into the game, but they only penetrated our ‘D’ on 3 occasions during this 1st ½. Testimony to a good back line of defence and a hard working midfield.

So ½ time came and we went in 2-0 up and looking very comfortable.

A couple of positional changes and a decision to revert back to our normal formation saw us take complete control of the match from the start of the 2nd period.

On 45 mins we scored our 3rd and defiantly the “GOAL OF THE MATCH”.

A sweeping move of intricate passing through midfield saw the ball make it’s way over to the right side of the pitch. As ‘H’ made her trade mark drive along the base line Kath had drifted inside the top of the ‘D’ looking for any 2nd phase possession but a brilliant ball was driven in directly at Kath who took the sweep shot first time from 12 yards out and caught the ball perfectly. The great sound of the shot smashing against the backboard also saw Kath jump in celebration at a quite superb goal – she will never hit a ball sweeter than this one.

We didn’t finish there though as just 2 minutes later Rachael pounced on a loose ball inside the ‘D’ to score her 3rd in just 4 games, but it was left to Taran to complete the scoring with her 2nd of the match from close range to finish the day

DERBY 5 – 0 STAVELEY

Summary

Goals:

1-0 6 mins Anna (PC)
2-0 10 mins Taran (OP)
3-0 45 mins Kath (OP)
4-0 47 mins Rachael (OP)
5-0 52 mins Taran (OP)

Cards:

Natasha Law (G)

Wig of Wonderment winner…..

Taran
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1st XI hit Staveley for 5 Empty Re: Ladies 1st XI hit Staveley for 5

Post  Admin Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:00 am

All I can say Andy is - LIGHT WEIGHT!!!!!!

Nigel was a legend with Amanda's Kinky Boot's!

I thought the night out was a fitting end to a great result on the pitch and we even managed to get Kelly up on the stage. Even if it was only for two seconds! Great night thanks to Collette and Ian!

Andy, please don't show me your belly again. I need my eyes for Saturday! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  alison kerr Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:47 am

well done girls - a good solid performance, great adaptability responding to the changes in positioning - and a hungry desire to score goals it was most enjoyable to watch - looking forward to Cannock on Saturday already - they'd better come prepared !

alison kerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down