Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MENS 4THS VERSUS BURTON 5THS 13TH FEB 2010

2 posters

Go down

MENS 4THS VERSUS BURTON 5THS 13TH FEB 2010 Empty MENS 4THS VERSUS BURTON 5THS 13TH FEB 2010

Post  Derek Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:38 pm

Getting to the nitty gritty part of the season, six games to go, two wins gets us promoted. A few changes in personnel this week bringing in Paul Neilson, Stuart Norman and Nick Boulton, plus our secret weapon whose identity we like to keep, secret. He does however go straight into the wind section.

Same pre-match team talk, pass to each other at speed, support, total hockey etc. Same start, pressure on the Burton defence from the off. A bit disappointed in Burton. The fixture against their 5th team last season was one of our toughest but today they were pretty poor, playing with just one man up and managing only 10 in total. To their credit they looked scruffier than us, which we always feel gives us a psychological advantage.

It was obvious from early on that there was only going to be one winner here. We were 3-0 up at half time, a scoreline that could easily have been double. In the second half similar to last week we got better as the game went on. A further three goals for a 6-0 victory. A well deserved hat-trick for Oliver Halford, a trademark short corner from Paul Neilson , a cracker from Anthony into the top corner and a tap in from Matt Hexter.

No real problems today. Lost the table football in the clubhouse which was disappointing but my partner (drums) didn't play as a stude and didn't hold the ball up as well as I had hoped. Added to that I didn't sell any quiz tickets. How do we fit in two drummers?

One more win sees us promoted for the second successive year, however we start to play the stronger sides in the coming weeks. Next week Lichfield at home, one of our promotion rivals, should be good.

Derek

Derek

Back to top Go down

MENS 4THS VERSUS BURTON 5THS 13TH FEB 2010 Empty Re: MENS 4THS VERSUS BURTON 5THS 13TH FEB 2010

Post  p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:35 am

One game by my calculations. There are 13 points between us and they have 15 points to play for, if I'm correct. Win on saturday (6 pointer in effect) and we can have a party. Very Happy

Wind section? I thought that was you?

P

p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk

Back to top Go down