Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Promotion secured....finally!!

+2
KellyO
shezza
6 posters

Go down

Promotion secured....finally!! Empty Promotion secured....finally!!

Post  shezza Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Well it has been a long time coming but the Ladies 2nds have finally become Derbyshire Division 2 champions and have secured promotion swiftly back to Derbyshire Division 1. I have had to increase my visits to the hairdresser to cover the grey (I may be fully peroxide soon) but becoming champions was the perfect end to a fulfiling and enjoyable season. It has been a closely fought battle with Matlock 4ths throughout and we are champions purely by goal difference.I cannot remember a better season for not only a cohesive team which works damned hard and is fully committed to hockey but also off the pitch the camaradarie and team spirit has been phenomenal. The addition of experienced players Val and Janice from the first team and duracell Jenny (not quite as "experienced") has most definitely lifted the team's performance and also Jo Mullis who finally joined us from the thirds has shown faultless dedication to the team. Tracey has also fitted in well to the team and been a valuable addition to the forward line. I could go on......
We have all played to the best of our abilities this season and I would like to thank everyone who has supported the team through the season. A special thanks also to Gill who despite having stepped down as Captain has helped me and Colette during many a crisis throughout the season. Thanks also to David and the other umpires who have helped us out.

Bring it on Division One!!
Wink

shezza

Back to top Go down

Promotion secured....finally!! Empty Re: Promotion secured....finally!!

Post  KellyO Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:21 pm

Well done 2s. You all should be very proud! x
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Promotion secured....finally!! Empty What a season !

Post  Joanna Mullis Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Well girls - finally we got the txt we were waiting for all week, I for one let out a chrip of delight and after about half an hour when it had sunk in, I pretty much skipped down the street !

Thank you ladies, it has been an absolute pleasure. Also for me an achievement I've had to wait such a long time for, what with all the injuries I've had. It is great to play in a team that desires the win, works damned hard to achieve it and very rarely gives up.
Also hockey for me this season has given me something to focus on and I have to say I found friendship and solice when I needed it most, thanks.

I would like to give a vote of thanks to Sheridan, Colette & Caroline for all your hard work organising us all. Also to David who has umpired quite a lot for us and I don't remember having any major disputes with his calls, something that unfortunately can't be said about all the umpires we faced.
All our supporters have been great too, please thank those that "belong" to you and encourage them to come next season !
Also on a personal note thank you to Andy and the firsts, who have been very supportive and have helped me learn a new style of play and hone my skills to suit my more recent injuries.

I think next season will be an intersting test, we were punished for mistakes the team made in this leauge, hopefully we'll be able to work on this pre-season. However one look at our goal difference and we know that
we can create plenty of opportunities. Intersting although Jan is the focus of most of our open play attempts,
goals have come from throughout the team, which is also promising!
A coach, team training & fitness and set piece training would have a positive effect, I do hope we can get
something organised.

An awesome season ladies, thanks - here's to the next one !!
I'm really looking forward to the end of season do ! See you all there ;0)
J
xxx
Joanna Mullis
Joanna Mullis

Back to top Go down

Promotion secured....finally!! Empty Excellent

Post  Annie Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:14 am

Nice one.
Well done
xxx
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Promotion secured....finally!! Empty Great News

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:44 am

Well done all, I know it's been an anxious wait but its an achievement thoroughly deserved.

Great news and I look forward to seeing you all at Pre-Season training but more importantly over a few beers at the Club Do'

Great news.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 am

cheers Woo Hoo cheers

Congrats on going back where you belong!

Make sure you all enjoy the End of Season Party..you have good reason to!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down