Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED!

2 posters

Go down

Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED! Empty Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED!

Post  Will4 Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:05 am

Well hurrah and lashings of ginger beer! - the 2nds capped a fantastic season on Saturday with a comprehensive 5-0 victory over Rolls Royce securing promotion into East Midlands One
There was a certain amount of nerves before and at the start of the game - surely we'd not come this far to mess up at the final hurdle? and indeed we hadn't - we controlled the game pretty much from start to finish and when Man of the Match Kyle put us ahead after 15 minutes the confidence started to flow; Sandeep added the second and Richard a third before half time. Although the captain reminded the team that we'd been up 3 up against Newark and only drawn, everyone knew that it was a case of keep concentrating and the job was done.
And indeed it was, Richard got his second to bring him up to a magnificent 34 for the season and the skipper finally managed to get a short corner away for the 5th and final goal.
So what a season this has been - has there ever been a team that has lost it's first game by 7 goals and gone undefeated for the rest of a season? 9 Goals shipped in that 1st game and only 14 for the rest of the season? I doubt it!

Derby Asterdale Played 20 Won 17 Drawn 2 Lost 1 For 77 Against 23 Points 53

A huge thank you from the captain to everyone who's played this season - not just the "core" team but those that have come in for 1 or 2 games to help out - Steve, Patrick, Matt, Pete, Kev, Rob, Seb & Chris - and a big thank you also to our loyal group of supporters: Margaret, Dave and Alison who've been there in all weathers good games and bad.

Last but not least the core team - it's been a real team effort so thanks to Lee, Adam, Tom, Greg, James, Sunny, Ian, Jamie, Ben, Rob, Kyle, Richard and Sandeep - you've been fantastic all season and made a grumpy old man very happy!

Will4

Back to top Go down

Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED! Empty Congratulation from the Ladies 1st XI

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:27 am

Letter from the squad:

Well done guys its great to see all the hard work finally pay off for you.

We all hope that your headaches aren't too bad on Sunday morning and particularly Will, we hope that you know a good cheap supplier of the old GREATIAN 2000 for all the grey hairs you've gained this year. LOL

Great result, great season. Well done.

yours,

Andy Taylor, Marie Dymond and the girls.

p.s Presentation night could be messy !!
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED! Empty Congratulations!

Post  Sy Li Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:01 pm

Well done on securing promotion guys! I guess you're not missing me at left back after all?! I'm still keeping an eye on things from over here in Japan. The 7-0 at the start of the season wouldn't have led me to predict promotion at the end but it just shows the spirit in the team! Enjoy the summer and fingers crossed for another successful year next year!

Sy Very Happy

Sy Li

Back to top Go down

Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED! Empty Re: Mens 2nds v Rolls Royce - PROMOTION SECURED!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down