Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands

4 posters

Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands Empty Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands

Post  shezza Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:46 am

Well, the first league match of the season to our nemesis team of last season....but we managed to win 5 - 2. I knew that a text-free Friday night was too good to be true and sure enough, I awoke to Anna texting me to say she had tonsillitus. This could have affected Caroline's tessillations but she still managed to tessillate effectively!! (Look it up it's a good word). However, Anna still turned up and played her heart out and even scored a goal so thank you Anna for your efforts today and get a good night's sleep tonight!!

The game, in essence was not our finest; instead of capitalising on Woodlands mistakes, we played to their level on occasions and seemed to make hard work of it. However there was some good passing play and tackling from the backs especially. We started off with a determined goal from Gemma who fought against the keeper's pads but managed to get it in! Woodlands then pulled one back. We then managed to pinch one back before half time when Jan scored.

Unfortunately there was an injury-fraught second half when Gemma went over on her ankle; an innocuous twist not during play and unfortunately she had heard a snap so had to go to hospital - I wish her all the best - she had been playing a storming game prior to this down the right wing.

Helen and Jo were also casualities shortly after when a ball hit the finger and knee respectively but managed to soldier on until the end - thank you.

Woodlands managed to equalise during the second half but goals from Jo, a lovely reverse stick tap and Anna, a blistering shot from a short corner and also a further goal from Jan (I can't remember that one - sorry Jan!) but we could all relax a little after we pulled ahead.

The positives we can take from this match is that everyone gave their all against a young Woodlands team and if we can beat a team and score 5 goals not at our best, just think what we can do when we do play our best.

Roll on next week!!! Smile

shezza

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands

Post  Anna Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Yey a 2nd team match report!! I'm impressed Shezza!!
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands Empty well done girls

Post  ali kerr Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:19 am

Well done ladies - great scoreline. Keep the goals coming! Lots of love
ali

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands Empty Well done girls!!

Post  cfeeney Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:53 am

Although we didnt play as well as we could have it was a great start to the season.

What Shezza failled to mention is that she got man of the match for the 2nd week running, well done Shezza!!!

Well done all.

Colette
x

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands Empty Re: Derby Asterdale Ladies 2nds v Woodlands

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down