Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark.

4 posters

Go down

Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark. Empty Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark.

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:38 am

Newark 2 – 0 Derby

A difficult fixture on a day when temperatures reached 30 degrees saw Derby beaten for the 1st time by Newark HC who sent us to the bottom of the league for the only time in my 5 seasons with the team.

The score line does not however reflect the game, one defensive error from us and a bit of a fluke goal saw Newark take an underserved 2-0 lead inside 15 mins, they then just changed their tactics to completely shut up shop with a very defensive display playing 4 at the back and 5 in midfield along with a ½ court press.

I have to give them credit for the defensive display, they got their tactics spot on, if a little negative.

If I had to estimate we must have had over 70% of the possession but just couldn’t break them down despite our best efforts.

Once again everyone put in masses of effort and commitment and at times we played the ball around with good pace and accuracy leaving Newark unable to do anything but defend in numbers, but we just couldn’t get the final ball through.

The umpiring today was at times very good but sometimes almost bewildering. It got so frustrating for us at times that at one stage the game was stopped so the neutral umpire could come to the sideline to have a word with Manager to calm him down and ask “what’s the problem?” Nigel didn’t have enough time to tell him everything.

I don’t want this brief report to detract from Newark’s performance, they got their early breaks today and took advantage of it, getting the tactics spot on.

When you play a poor team who ‘shut up shop playing 4 – 5 – 1 its very difficult to break them down, when a good team do this its almost impossible.

We do believe though that we have enough to beat them and on another day if we had taken our early chance the game could have been so different.

Things are fine with us and games will soon start to go our way, starting I’m sure with our match at home next Saturday 1:30pm against local rivals Matlock.

Tough day today, a lot of very frustrated players left the pitch and I am sure many are still feeling wounded but as the saying goes “there’s nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal” so watch out Matlock next week we are going to be coming out firing !!

Man of the match a fantastic AMANDA PETRIE (pic to follow)

Match Donkey a deserved LISA RICHARDSON (pic and reason to follow LOL)
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark. Empty Re: Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark.

Post  Admin Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:36 am

Thanks Andy.

Player of the match well chosen. Great game Mand. Not sure at all about the Donkey of the day!!!! What did I do to deserve that?

Good luck against Matlock next week, let's get them points rolling in.

Skip
Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark. Empty Re: Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark.

Post  KellyO Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:01 pm

Disapointing result but i have no doubt we will pull it together. luck just hasnt been on our side but it will happen i am sure. thanks for the report andy. it is appreciated. see you all tues/ sat. x Very Happy
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Derby lds 1st XI still pointless after defeat at Newark. Empty not guilty!!!!

Post  nigel Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:17 pm

In my defence!!! I was merely pointing out to the umpire (all bit it a little too loud) that chatting to the Newark penalty corner defence about strictly come dancing and not stopping time, especially as we were ready to take the PC was not acceptable...

Just the manager sticking up for his team!!! How I didn't get the donkey award I don't know.. Lol
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 pm

Feel free to have the award Nige...I still have no idea why I got it...anyone wish to shed any light on the event???? Question
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down