Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby Lds 1st XI We're Back

2 posters

Go down

Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby Lds 1st XI  We're Back Empty Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby Lds 1st XI We're Back

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:45 am

Ladies 1st are BACK !!!!!!

Last seasons Derbyshire Champions Ashbourne just had no answer to the resurgent Derby team today.

As in previous weeks the team talk was of ball retention, speed, and not getting involved in what we knew was to come from one of the officials regarding the umpiring (I think I should have listened to my own advice).

The game started with Derby on the front foot from the whistle, pressing Ashbourne back with he whole front line playing at pace ably supported by the Midfield powerhouses.

Ashbourne didn’t look the team we once new but did have a couple of players who threatened with their pace, but we are a very fit team and the midfield rotations soon snuffed out any concerns we had as constant fresh legs covered any danger.

Some of our fears regarding one whistle blower were realised as time after time we appeared to be punished for the most innocuous of challenges but we knew our time would come.

From our first penalty corner we set up for our new routines that have been so successful over previous weeks. Becky’s injection was spot on, the strike in accurate and Skaifey’s deflection high into the goal above the keepers head was MAGNIFICENT. Straight of the training ground and straight on to the score sheet, so beautifully executed.

ASHBOURNE 0 – 1 DERBY
With us now in the ascendancy we continually probed into the Ashbourne 25 but a combination of good defending and some very questionable whistles prevented us from adding to the tally. That was until 10 mins before ½ time.

We broke hard down the left and an intricate passing move found Kath (I think) able to get her shot away which was stopped on the line by an Ashbourne foot, the ball though rebounded out straight to Anna (I think) who slotted the ball home. The dodgy Whistle blower the blew for a Penalty Stroke rather than the goal – no shock to those that have been here before! I called for Marie to step up and in a flash back to a couple of seasons ago she despatched the ball passed the keeper to send us in at ½ time 2-0.

ASHBOURNE 0 – 2 DERBY

Ok, so ½ time team talk from yours truley “Be very careful of your tackles particularly in our own 25mtr, this Whistle Blower loves to upgrade fouls to penalty corners, if it happens don’t get involved with him”

Hmmmmmm

23 seconds into the 2nd half the Ashbourne right winger drives down the line shadowed by Helena, H puts in the tackle right on the 25 mtr line and gets the balls but there was a minor contact of sticks…………. Guess what happened next ………………

Yes up go the arms following a hugely loud whistle to point for a Penalty Corner to Ashbourne. At this point I have to admit to politely questioning the decision and the umpire decided to have an in depth and friendly chat with me to explain his decision and ask if I really thought he was a ****!!. (It wasn’t really friendly and yes he is a ****!!) Nothing came from the corner but it did ignite both ourselves to put the game away and his right arm and cards.

Anna had a brilliant second half scoring a brace inside 15 mins, one open play and a bullet Penalty corner. To give us the cushion we needed.

ASHBOURNE 0 – 4 DERBY

As we pushed on further, a great right wing run and shot saw the ball come off the thigh of the Ashbourne defender right in front of goal, the whistle blew and the engaged umpire pointed to a Corner not a stroke, the Whistle blower then looked at out bench and said “yes yes yes I’ve seen it it’s a Penalty stroke”. He strode over to the other umpire and after a chat they decided to go with her decision. After the corner then broke down the Whistle blower then became involved…………..

Here Come the Cards !!!!!

Lisa questioned the decision in Goal 95 mtrs away in such a way as to get the umpires attention, the umpire then duly gave Captain Lisa his attention and a Green Card, this was quickly followed by Vice Captain Kelly also picking up a Green for dissent.

We held our discipline as much as we could and it was Kath who got onto the end of another quick breakout move to slot home from close range to give us our 5th and put Ashbourne to bed.

ASHBOURNE 0 – 5 DERBY

We still had another Goal in us though and it was Ali that made a lung busting run from midfield to support the front line, she found herself alone on the top of the D, the ball was slipped to her and she unleashed a bullet strike………………………
way wide of the post but Anna was on had to deflect it in for her hat-trick.

ASHBOURNE 0 – 6 DERBY

But it was the Whistle blower that had the final word after Taran was subject to being fouled that somehow was given the other way, her comment of “You must be Joking” was enough for her to get a big YELLOW card.But nothing was going to diminish the great final result of Ashbourne 0 – 6 Derby.

My Coaching Notes:

The Good

Good team performance, good goals, great attitude, great fitness

The Bad

Coach gets a serious warning, Taran Gets a Yellow, Captain &Vice Captain get greens

The Ugly

He who shall not be named

Overall.

Great game, we have come back well from our early season disappointments. 10 points from the last 12 including 3 away wins and 15 goals, clean sheet today, brilliant atmosphere and great team play. The 1st PC goal was executed perfectly, Anna getting a Hat-Trick in her home town was a bonus and we now sit 4th in the table.

Happy coach tonight but still things to work on at training Tuesday.

I almost Forgot

Man of the Match

Anna Neilson

Match Donkey

Kat Lee

She admitted to going in to the male toilets with the MALE home umpire prior to the match….enough said LOL

Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby Lds 1st XI  We're Back Empty Re: Ashbourne 0 - 6 Derby Lds 1st XI We're Back

Post  KellyO Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks for the report andy. great photo of kath - the shame !! Well done anna. deserved man of the match. onwards and upwards next week. xx
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down