Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots

4 posters

Go down

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Empty Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 am

Boots 2 – 3 Derby Ladies 1st XI
Brief report this week……………….

The day started with us still in the bottom 3, but following last week’s performance and the changes implemented, we were confident of attaining another positive result

We got the perfect start after just 70 seconds when Taran found herself unmarked inside the area and took her chance; reverse lofting the ball past a mesmerised keeper to start the scoring.

Boots 0-1 Derby

The new shape was working well with Anna on the right flank in particular doing well and it was from a trademark PC that Anna scored the 2nd with a crashing shot low into the bottom corner.

Boots 0-2 Derby

Before ½ time however Boots came back into the game with a well taken goal of their own from the top of the D to send the teams in at half time a little too close for comfort.

Boots 1-2 Derby

Half Time

With the returning Laura Parker (sick note) still unable to get out of 1st gear due to her still carrying the remains of her injury that has kept her out for 4 weeks now, we could have seen to be a bit light on the let midfield but it was her run and pass that led to Derbys 3rd.

Laura’s slick move and pass eventually came to Becky Norman who had made a great inside run, she picked the ball up and drove into the D unleashing her shot through a crowd of players, the ball flew in despite an attempted deflection from a hapless Boots defender.

Boots 1-3 Derby

Again I have to admit I can’t exactly remember a lot about Boots 2nd goal other than there were a lot of players appealing for an offence against a Boots player inside the D, but the umpire certainly didn’t see anything and the goal stood.

Boots 2-3 Derby

We did go on to create several chances of our own with Ali Kerr and Anna being an almost constant thorn in the boots defensive lines.

But it was at the other end that some brilliant defending from stand-in Center Back Kelly Olubodun enabled Derby to run out winners as the final whistle blew.

FULL TIME

Boots 2-3 Derby

Coaches additional notes………..

Once again we proved that even without influential players that are unavailable we are a flexible team that can cause trouble to any opposition.

We deserved our win again today and you can now see game by game the confidence is returning to the whole team.

Its great to be able to sit here at home tonight with another win under our belts and to have moved out of the relegation zone and up in to 5th place.

We have no leaue match next Saturday but do welcome Division 1 Wellingborough to Wilsthorpe on Sunday at 12 noon (all support welcome)

A great positive for the team is that in 2 weeks time we will have (for the first time this season) a fully fit and fully available squad to select from. It will not be an easy decision for myself and Nigel to make, in getting the team to the required 12 players, which is testimony to all involved in the squad.

But back to today, another good team performance and another 3 pts. I loved seeing all 3 forwards getting on the score sheet in their own unique styles, each showing great individual skill sets. Taran's close range tight dribblings skills for the 1st, Anna's great hard accurate shot from the PC for number 2 and Becky's run and thumping shot from the top D to hit a deserved 3rd. Excellent.

Man of the Match
Kelly Olubodun
(sorry Kelly you don't phtograph well lol)

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Kelly_11

Donkey
Anna Neilson
(Allowing the umpire to slap her around the face)

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Anna_110

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Empty Great performance

Post  nigel Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:52 pm

Another great display ladies today.. Each and everyone of you played so well, put 110% effort in and you so deserved the 3pts today..
We have a very very strong squad, and I'm sure we will be climbing up this division to the top where we belong..

Note to Ali, get some Astros that fit!!! Lol

Bit disappointed though about today....... I didn't get told off..!!!!! Must be doing something wrong.. Lol

Captain Lisa = Awesome

Special note to Kelly.. Fantastic performance stepping into Marie's shoes... SmileSmile least you stayed on the pitch today.. Sorry Marie.. Hehehe

And Coach T, you are so getting the Donkey Hat on Sunday...!!!!! I wonder what for???????????

Manager
nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Empty Re: Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:43 pm

You're so cruel Nigel!!
Well done girls- another great win. Was thinking about you all game ( I've never sent so many texts to Andy!!), and wish I had been there. Can't wait for the next game! See you all on Tuesday! Xx
Ps what has Andy done?
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots Empty Re: Ladies 1's get back-to-back Victories this time 3-2 at Boots

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 am

Nothing............................

Well......................

You know what happened Mrs Dymond as I was on the phone to you at the time and didn't realise I was being stalked by the Manager !
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:36 am

Hehehe Smile !!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

You could have waited for me to smile you big poo face. Very Happy

well played everyone. enjoyed that game a lot.
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down