Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots

3 posters

Go down

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots Empty Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:36 am

Well here I am it’s Sunday Morning and I’m still confused as to what happened in the first 35 mins yesterday.

A hugely disappointing first half saw us go in 2-1 down despite taking the lead on 15 mins with a great deflection goal from Anna. Boots were well organised and just wanted it so much more than we did, 2 goals in the space of 10 mins saw Boots go into the break deservedly 2-1 up and leave us in disarray.

The ½ time team talk saw a few strong home truths be said, we were 2nd to every ball, we didn’t track back, our passing was appalling, our fight non-existent, we had only 3 – 4 players playing the way we need to play in order to compete in this league, it was a SHOCKER.

BUT……………………………..

This team does have fight, it does have spirit, it is passionate and we came out for the 2nd period all guns blazing.

Suddenly Boots were on the back foot as wave after wave of attack came at them, we threw all we had into the game. We forced corner after corner after corner but Boots just had a superb defensive unit and blocked everything. When we did find a way through from one of the numerous corners Anna just lifted the ball a little too high and the goal was rightly disallowed.

Marie, Skaifey and Kath all led the way and every one of the side followed suit as we ran, harried, tackled and fought with great passion (it was like we had 12 Ali’s out there) but we just couldn’t put the ball away.

The final Whistle saw so many Derby players coming off the pitch saying sorry for their individual performances but I will tell you this, yes I was massively disappointed with the first 35 but so proud of the 2nd.

This is sport and we play in a very competitive league were almost every error you make is punished and that’s what happened today.

We still sit 4th in the league and I know next week we won’t make the same mistakes again.

To those that came along to support thank you once again it is really appreciated. Sorry we didn't get it right for you today.

Team Derby will be back with avengance
You have my word on that
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots Empty good old chumbawamba - always providing inspiration!

Post  ali kerr Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 am

Well yes, it was a disapointing game for us. The first half was not good - but I've been thinking about this recently and one of our key strengths as Andy says is our unity. Not only our shared desire to win and unquestionable support for each other, but the way in which we all read the game in the same way, look for each other, anticipate play and are on the 'same page'. This is what I truly believes makes us the great team we are. Thanks to Andy and Nigel, this way of playing and thinking is of course because of your coaching and encouragement you've shaped the way that the team functions. we couldn't do it without you both (gush over now!) Very Happy

It's true that this wasn't necessarily there today in the first half, as we worked more individually, rather than moving the ball around building possession and pressure on the opposition, rather we played ourselves into danger. Maybe this was the result of having a few weeks off - but it was evident in the second half that this was only a set back, we reconnected and I think Boots would agree that they just managed to hold us off ( all credit to them for pushing us to the extreme and taking advantage). Having re-established this, I think it is fair to say that we will not be so willing to fall into the same trap again next week. As to quote from the inspirational Chumbawamba (if you wondered where this would come in ) substituting I for we:

" We get knocked down, but we get up again - ain't ever gonna keep us down".

Thanks supporters for the encouragement - rest assured we will be back on top form and connected again from the start next week! See you Tuesday.
Ali

Last edited by ali kerr on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots Empty Coaches Song

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:15 am

I think this week it has to be......

Cher... If I could turn back time

But I'll always refer back to one thing........

Sister Sledge .....We are Family
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots Empty Re: Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:21 pm

Well said Ali - Couldn't agree with you more. The second half was much better than the first and next week we will be back to our best. I will remember how we felt at half time and make sure it never happens again!
See you all at training!Smile xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots Empty Re: Shocking start costs Ladies 1stXI as they go down to Boots

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down