Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!!

3 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!! Empty Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!!

Post  shezza Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 am

Well, I have only just come out of the shock and disappointment regarding our first defeat of the season. I think that it's fair to say that we definitely missed our inspirational leader Caroline who controls the midfield normally and is also very vocal and directional on the pitch (which is not my forte I'm afraid although I try!) We were up against a fit and agile Matlock side who pressured us again and again although we did have patches of dynamic play. We gave away too many passes to the opposition which put us on the back foot and we didn't seem to have the passion that we have had in previous games. The goals came from Tracy and Gemma, both from short corners. I'm sure we will be back with a vengeance as we have a well-earned break from league matches now. Yesterday was a reminder that there are other good teams in our league and every game is indeed THE ONE!!

That's all folks...can't remember any more!! I think I have blanked it out! Well done to the other ladies teams for their wins.

Sheridan

shezza

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!! Empty Re: Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!!

Post  Andy Taylor Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:22 am

Unlucky today girls but still top of the league.

I'm sure it will come back to you when everyone's available.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!! Empty Re: Ladies 2nds 2 Matlock 3rds 3 - boo hiss!!

Post  RachB Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:32 am

I really feel for you guys - there's so much pressure that adds every game... Also getting towards Christmas everyone starts to get tired and people pick up bugs, it's really hard to keep the momentum. After Christmas you'll come back fully refreshed, with less pressure and with a full team and you'll no doubt continue to rule div 1.

Saturday's result wasn't for lack of effort from the whole team and like Andy so rightly pointed out - you're still top of the league!!

Rach x

RachB

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down