Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds keep Matlock 4ths at bay to continue their winning streak....

Go down

Ladies 2nds keep Matlock 4ths at bay to continue their winning streak.... Empty Ladies 2nds keep Matlock 4ths at bay to continue their winning streak....

Post  shezza Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:30 am

Well yesterday the Ladies 2nds came together and played like a cohesive unit to win 4 - 0 against Matlock 4ths. After a few minutes of sorting ourselves out and poor marking, I feel that it all came together yesterday and we were relentless throughout the game. Once we had settled into the game there was excellent marking and defending virtually giving Matlock no options and we worked as a team with some flowing passes and excellent hockey.

The first goal came with a ball from Jan across the D to a very well placed Tracy in front of the goal who could not fail to score to tap the ball in (not to detract from your goal Tracey!) The momentum continued to see an excellent cross from Jo put away by Jan - 2 -0. The third was a blistering shot from a penalty corner scored by Anna in the bottom left corner 3 - 0. (I think half time came after this). The fourth goal came from Helen who tackled a player at the top of the D and actually hit the ball between two players to make it 4 (not doing her usual sweeping shot!!).

The key things I remember from this game were that the teamwork was excellent - we use each other well and no one can say that they haven't had a share of the ball. We marked so well not only in play but also when Matlock took any hit outs or free hits I lost count of the number of times they hit it out of the sideline or literally on the hit outs had nowhere to hit it to and just whacked it to one of our players and off we went again. We just constantly pressured them and unlike previous games there were no occasions when we sat back. In the words of Mr Island after the game..."you look well organised, efficient and work like a compact unit - there are no weak players in that team."

The Man of the Match was Val "mobile" Cole. Always strong, dependable, reliable, tackles excellently, clears the ball and gets the job done.

Again - take heart girls - there were many different players again who got a vote which is always encouraging and emphasises what I said early.

What is also encouraging is how keen everyone is and how disappointed they were that we dont have a game next week (even me who normally relishes a lie-in!)

Thanks girls - again it's a pleasure to play for this team. Thanks to Andy for umpiring. Hopefully we can sort out some indoor training next Sat morning. cheers

shezza

Back to top Go down