Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds verses Matlock 4ths Away

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds verses Matlock 4ths Away Empty Ladies 2nds verses Matlock 4ths Away

Post  Val Cole Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:34 am

THE 2 POINTS THAT GOT AWAY

Well after another mighty long lay off in the most disjointed season I can remember since playing on grass pitches (just post-war for those of you who don't remember grass hockey!) we turned up at Wirksworth with several players short owing to half-term holidays and sickness. However the sun was shining and the break had made us keen. From the start we had loads of pressure, but the goal just wasn't big enough. Through the 1st half we created many chances but just couldn't apply the finish. Matlock had a few attacks which were well dealt with and only won 2 penalty corners in the match. Unfortunately it was from one of these and the ensuing skirmish that they scored their goal.

The second half followed the same pattern with us applying even more pressure, but our shooting sights needed re-adjusting, or when we were on target their goal-keeper pulled off a string of very good saves. Eventually Lucy applied a neat finish with a reverse flick after strong work from Collette, but it was only enough to earn us 1 point. This was a game we would have expected to win, but as Gill's mum said everyone played well but we just didn't have the finish.

Player of the match votes went to Sheriden, Gill and Sue but was convincingly won by Lucy.

Thanks to Andy for umpiring and to our 2 loyal supporters. The weather in the final 20 minutes was foul with a temperature drop turning the rain to hail so we really appreciate anyone out their enabling us to play and supporting our efforts.
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds verses Matlock 4ths Away Empty Re: Ladies 2nds verses Matlock 4ths Away

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:37 pm

I remember grass pitches!!
I think the long lay off affected us all so well done on getting something out of the game. I'm sure that you will be back to winning ways next week!
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down