Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds winning streak continues!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds winning streak continues!!!!! Empty Ladies 2nds winning streak continues!!!!!

Post  cfeeney Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:36 am

Update on the season so far – Played 7, won 5, drawn 2 (Unbeaten!)

After Sheridan and I spent a lot of the week trying to find 11 players that could play this week I had my worries about today. I needn’t have, we were excellent. Due to various reasons our normal team were very depleted, but luckily we had help in the form of Tracey – new to the club, Jenny, Heather N and Heather J from the 3rds who did not look out of place playing for us – thankyou.

I will start from the back – Gill was great in goal, not her normal position but an excellent stand in for Ellie with some brilliant saves.

Backs - Heather N gave us a constant supply of long balls which key to our attack, Val was as ever, great in supporting our right sided attacks and supplied us with an excellent goal from a short corner. Caroline, playing out of her normal position played a key role in stopping there attack and put in some vital tackles.

Halfs – Julie Ann, playing with an injury did a sterling job in left mid getting herself into space and aiding the attack, Jennie D also did a brilliant job, marking their best player out of the game for the majority of the game. Now, on to Jenny G (the Duracell bunny), she was everywhere – she was part of the defence, she was in the attack, shots on goal, etc a great addition to the team this year.

Forwards – Much to Gemma’s delight we played with 3 forwards this week. Gem was on form playing excellently with Jenny and scoring another goal, that’s 2 weeks in a row gem! Heather J was excellent with great shots on goal, if we had had another 5 mins i’m sure we would have had a goal from Heather. Tracey had an excellent game, aided by the redbull! Another player that gave her all and added to the score sheet with an excellent goal.

Overall another excellent game, everyone giving 110% , its a real pleasure playing for the 2nds this year, we have got a great team who all seem to be enjoying the game.

Man of the match – Joint Jenny G and Gemma

A big thanks to Sara O’Donovan for giving us a couple of her players and with playing with less than a full team, we appreciate it.

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds winning streak continues!!!!! Empty Superb Team Performance

Post  Val Cole Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:30 am

Great report Collette on a superb day at the office for the Ladies 2nd team. Congratulations to Sheridan and co for actually getting 11 players to the match and I echo the thanks to Sarah for handing over players at the last minute, all of whom played well. Thanks to Adi for umpiring a less than lady-like game and also thanks to all our supporters, even those who disappeared off to get warm somehow!
Val Cole
Val Cole

Back to top Go down