Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1st XI 4th in Mids Indoor Championships...... Picture is Gross !!

Go down

Ladies 1st XI 4th in Mids Indoor Championships......  Picture is Gross !! Empty Ladies 1st XI 4th in Mids Indoor Championships...... Picture is Gross !!

Post  Andy Taylor Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:48 am

Midlands Indoor Championships

Just a briefest of brief reps (as I missed 3 of the 5 games due to our hospital visit with Ms Parker)

It was a very high class tournament with teams from the current National League set up and very high ranking Midlands League opponents, but we did the club proud.

In a tough opening fixture against Midlands Premier League team Boots (plus guests from Beestons National League set up) we went down 3-0. Although we played reasonably well our lack of indoor practice saw us chasing a lot of shadows at times and Boots were deserving of their victory.

But there was a huge disaster as Laura Parker was hit on the end of her toe resulting in her big toe nail being bent in 2 backwards leaving her at times in excruciating pain. Off to Kings Oak A&E we went.

The following fixtures I had to leave in the capable hands of Nigel and although I have no report to post we did lose 2 against Tournament winners Stourport and runners-up Loughborough Students from the National League. BUT WE BEAT EDGBASTON get in there !!!!!!!

After Laura and I returned from the adventure of A&E (gas and air was introduced into Lauras system but didn’t stop her potty mouth working overtime as her nail was put back – OUCH!) we found a team full of exhaustion and injury.

Blood was pouring from Tarans hand and she was made to tape up her blood stained stick during which they mopped up even more blood from the pitch, Kath’s Hamstring was very very tight, Anna had another nice bruise coming out and Keeper Ninja Megan was still shaking with nerves after her baptism of fire.

We did however have a little team meeting where the objective was to raise spirits and go out in our final game against Midlands Premier league leaders HARBOURNE with our heads held high and show the other clubs watching in the stands that we could play a bit. I reorganised the set up and formation with the only 6 players able to take the field and the tactics worked.

Harbourne did score first but with the girls winning their first short corner they put into place my dastardly new routine.

WHAT A STUNNINGLY EXECUTED GOAL FROM MARIE

The scores were level.

Our ½ court press was working superbly and time after time we caught Harbourne on the break and the goals kept coming.

As the final whistle blew we had won 4-1, we even had the added luxury of a clear Penalty Stroke not being awarded and Tarans Drag Flick PC pinging off the inside of the post in the final few seconds.

What a fantastic scalp, to beat the Midlands Premier League leaders and secure a result that would see us ranked 4th in the tournament.

Quite brilliant.

My thanks go to Nigel for looking after the team during our visit to hospital and the whole squad for the efforts they put in. I am going to single out though 1 person……..

Megan.

With Lisa unable to attend due to a dodgy curry Saturday Night it was left to Megan to fill in the key role of 1st XI GK

What a performance from such a relatively inexperienced Keeper, she was terrified but played exceptionally well. When you are facing such class opposition it just compounds the fear and nerves already in place but time after time after time she blocked shots, made saves and cleared the ball with great assurance.

A great display, well done.

The whole team did the club proud in another new experience for many to compete at such a high level. This is a team that is full of soul and passion, just how they managed to raise their game for the final match encounter was amazing to see. I am so proud of them all and what a final game result.

Squad

Megan (ninja) Price
Marie Dymond (cpt)
Kath Lee
Taran Badachha
Laura (sick note) Parker
Theresa Alton
Lizzy Honarmand
Anna Neilson

Picture below is just not nice............

Ladies 1st XI 4th in Mids Indoor Championships......  Picture is Gross !! Laura_11
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down