Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby!

2 posters

Go down

Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby! Empty Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby!

Post  ali kerr Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:33 am

Sorry to break with tradition, but I need to get my comment in before Andy uses my best lyrics – also to get the obsession out of my system so I can get on and play monopoly with Cameron, you have to think carefully in his game because he’s ruthless and certainly the ‘ winner takes it all’ (ABBA). I’m sure Andy will fill you in on the detail, but here are my thoughts!

Well after last weeks game, passions we flying high. ‘Everybody hurt’ (REM), it was ‘raining in my heart’ (Buddy Holly)and ‘all the leaves were brown’(mammas and pappas) - well not actually because it’s winter – but you can see where I am going. But one thing was for certain, we were determined not to make the same mistake twice, we were not going to lose an advantage to Ashby again today. After last weeks loss, it was important to remember that ‘every loser wins’( Nicky Berry) – thanks Ian for that reminder - where did you dredge that up from!

Spirits were high, there was determination all week that we could do this as I spoke with Andy midweek I firmly believed ‘ the game would never be over, because we are keeping the dream alive’ (Freihiet), Any one thinking we are down and out? – oh boy today showed you’re a ‘fool if you think we’re over’ (Chris Rea).

Andy reminded me in the week that I had missed the obvious reference in my posts to ‘don’t stop believing’ (Glee classic), well you may have got that one over me Andy, but honestly – anything you can do I can do better (from Annie get your gun), you’re looking at the eye of the tiger here (Survivor)! And yes 'I do believe' (Robson and Jerome).

Today we stepped up to the mark and proved that we all have that drive and desire and again the team spirit shone through. We are after all a T.E.A.M (Hi-5 – aussie kids show – very popular in our house!) This was evident from the start of the day, the great company and spirit In the cars today, after all ‘for good times and bad times that’s what friends are for’ (Dionne Warwick). Thanks for indulging my obsession and playing some great music to provide some inspiration!

A big thanks have to go to Ashby for pushing us hard, and for the spirit in which the game was played, it is always a pleasure playing against you ( except when we squander a lead!) and as ever the umpiring played it’s part and helped the game flow well – guys you were ‘simply the best’(Tina Turner)

Well girls it is evident that ‘when you wish upon a start your dreams come true’ (from Pinnochio) – rest assured that we will take this into our game with Matlock tomorrow, I for one have no intention of letting anyone ‘rain on my parade’ (from Funny girl) this weekend’. Don’t forget Tarran to take Andy literally in his request last week that you personally should ‘turn back time’ (Cher) this evening!

Come on girls ……. The heat is on (Glen Frey)…………………lets keep showing our ‘true colours’ (Cyndi Lauper).!
Phew! back to normal now - Andy the challenge is set - I'm sure you will put me to shame - have I played my hand too soon?

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby! Empty Re: Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby!

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am

Wow Ali! I haven't read Andy's report yet but he's got to come up with something special to beat this! I have to say though, I'm slightly worried about your obsession! Have you managed to do any work this week?! Smile xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby! Empty Re: Ladies 1 xii - 'you win again' (beegees) - 4-0 against Ashby!

Post  ali kerr Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 am

Of course I have managed to get my work done this week (just in case anyone from work checks this site!)

Have to say Marie Dymond, I am most impressed, as ever you set a great example to us all. THis really is a HARD HABIT TO BREAK (Chicago) See you all in the morning. Bex, I've got the cake ready!

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down