Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4

3 posters

Go down

No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4 Empty No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:34 am

Ok…

Before I begin writing todays report I have been challenged to get as many song titles in as I can.

I’ve decided to go with an old old school battle of ABBA v ELVIS v BEE GEES, wish me luck.

After last Saturdays TRAGEDY (BEE GEES) I was left with a team that were certainly ALL SHOOK UP (ELVIS) but today was a new dawn.

We looked to come back into the mix for promotion with a win knowing that ITS NOW OR NEVER (ELVIS) if we were serious about our challenge, that was THE NAME OF THE GAME (AB) today.

Spirits were definitely high pre match and for the first time in a wile we looked sharp and ready for the challenge during the warm up, the girls were certainly looking to make sure our hopes of promotion or a potential play off place were STAYING ALIVE (BEE GEES) led by the focussed and fired up Ali.

The match started at a blistering pace with in particular the left side in fantastic form. We looked in almost total control of the match as wave after wave of attacks tried to breach the stubborn Ashby defence.

On 17 mins the scoring started as Bex and Laura P tore through the Ashby midfield again, Laura slipped a ball through to Anna who sent her first shot straight at the advancing keeper but with great calmness she picked up the rebound and RETURN TO SENDER (ELVIS) with interest as she placed her shot comfortably in the corner for a 1-0 lead.

We pushed on again knowing more goals could be there for the taking and finally we started to win the penalty corners. But after one of the substitution rotations our 2nd goal came from an unexpected source.

On 33 mins another great drive into the Ashby D saw Taran fouled in the area by an Ashby midfield players over aggressive challenge, she was certainly A DEVIL IN DISGUISE (ELVIS).

With Beth taking her position on the ½ way for the corner I was thinking I’VE GOT TO GET A MESSAGE TO YOU (BEE GEES), she looked over and saw the signal, up she went for the strike.

A great drag out, a great stop but Beth fluffed her big chance with a miss hit. Luckily we won another corner from the ensuing attack.

I made the same call again for Beth telling her to calm down and remain relaxed, that was THE NAME OF THE GAME (ABBA)

Injection, stop, thump, great goal as the ball crashed against the back-board with the keeper nowhere, great strike Beth YOU SHOULD BE DANCING (BEE GEES). 2-0 up and cruising in to the half time break.

A couple of months ago we found ourselves in exactly the same position against Ashby and that daywe eventually let a 3-0 lead slip, today there would be no repeat.

On field Captain for the day Marie was certainly fired up to ensure we remained focussed at the back, her commanding presence reminded me of ne of the greatest English commanders, the Duke of Wellington, at the Battle of WATERLOO (Abba).

So the 2nd period began and just 3 mins in we won our 1st corner of the half and it was Laura S that got on the end of the move to squeeze the ball in past the Ashby keeper for 3-0.

With Ashby’s heads now down we looked to put the game away and continued to pass the ball through and round the Ashby midfield.

One great break saw an incredible 4 on 1 with the Derby attack driving at the Ashby D with Helena on the ball, as she got inside the area she had so many options with the other 3 forwards all in great position, “who wants it? I DO I DO I DO (ABBA) was heard from the marauding forward line, but Helena chose to shoot herself unfortunately straight at the keeper, MAMA MIA (ABBA) H, wrong decision but credit to you for having a go.

The final goal scoring action came on 49 minutes as from another midfield break Laura P found Bex inside the left channel of the Ashby D and Bex seized her chance and sent in a bullet shot into the far corner of the goal for a 4-0 unassailable lead. Great strike.

I made the final change of the match on 50 mins giving Kath Lee a deserved rest in preparation for tomorrow’s match.

We could have gone on to score more goals in the closing 10 minutes as Bex, Helena and Anna all came close.

Anna’s chance blew our minds as after a great run and shot the keeper got a touch to the ball and somehow managed to impart a whole load of back spin on the ball. It squeezed under her and rolled towards the goal but somehow just seemed to stop inches away spinning volently backwards. Anna was gutted as were we all.

Final Whistle and another away win for Derby.

ASHBY 0 - 4 DERBY

Coaches final notes

Well Ladies what a way to come back, YOU WIN AGAIN (BEE GEES).

A great controlled performance and a stunning way to return after last weeks disappointment but THAT’S THE WONDER OF YOU (ELVIS) ladies.

We now need to rest and look forward to a much tougher encounter tomorrow at Matlock which has great significance in how our season continues.

A very controlled game and a well deserved man of the match performance from Laura P, you are a true SUPER TROOPER (abba).

I would like to finish by telling you about a conversation I had at games end. We got a couple of great compliments today from both the Ashby Captain and the 2 umpires who said that we pass the ball better than any team in the league, they weren’t just JIVE TALKING (BEE GEES) it was a true testimony of just how well you are all capable of playing, your scintillating at times.

Great day, now looking forward to Sunday.
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4 Empty Re: No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4

Post  Marie Dymond Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 am

Very good! We didn't come "under attack" (ABBA) very much today and i don't recall any moments when we panicked at the back and called "SOS" (ABBA). "knowing me knowing you"(ABBA) girls we will all be raring to go tomorrow and there will be "good vibrations" (the beach boys). Starting to get worried about myself now - ali's obsession is catching!! Seriously, really well played today girls - cant wait for tomorrow! Smile xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4 Empty Re: No mistakes as ladies 1st XI take Ashby apart 0-4

Post  ali kerr Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:16 am

Superb effort Andy, in fact it was so good - I' don't think i can counter - I'll stop here......... for now.............................
ali

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down