Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 3rd's fail to live up to recent form.

Go down

Mens 3rd's fail to live up to recent form. Empty Mens 3rd's fail to live up to recent form.

Post  Chris Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:10 am

This week Derby played Old Silhillians who are 3rd in the table just above us. After the way the Derby 3rd’s have played over the last 2 weeks I was confident that we could challenge if not win this match. Unfortunately this was not to be. Despite starting strongly in the match it was Old Sillz who opened the scoring. After this, Derby started to make more and more mistakes, failing to pass accurately, strongly or quick enough thus giving Old Sillz more and more chances. By half time Old Sillz were 2-0 up. One of the goals came from 2 consecutive short corners which had been awarded initially by a stick tackle by me.

In the second half Derby started strongly again, but as soon as Old Sillz got back into the game Derby started to panic and Old Sillz scored their 3rd goal of the match. All too often the midfield was not coming back and the defence were out manned. If it were not for the efforts of stand in goal keeper Rob Howarth, right back Paul Nielson and left back Darren Howard Old Sillz would have scored more. As a result this week I am awarding man of the match to Darren Howard.

Chris Packer, 24/02/2008
Chris
Chris

Back to top Go down