Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mens 4ths - Away at the Alamo

Go down

Mens 4ths - Away at the Alamo Empty Mens 4ths - Away at the Alamo

Post  p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:00 pm

North Notts 4 - Derby Asterdale 3

Well, like the Alamo we've won the war but lost this battle; not the best metaphor ever used, but better than Dereks damned band (on joking). Like the Alamo the brave defenders i.e. us, were seriously outnumbered. I'll leave you to work that one out scratch

Our goals came from a clinical finish by Stuart after a wonderful dribbling run from Olly and an even better cross and Will from a short corner in the first half (2-2 I think). The first half had been quite an open game with both sides using the width well and neither defence covering themselves in glory. The second half was a much more narrow and cagey affair, but I think the hockey was better. Olly got in on the scoring act, having supplied, with another wonderful passing move, but only after NN had gone ahead through possibly their best goal (a flick that Matt came sooo close to saving it was untrue!). The match was finished off by an excellent drag flick from one of the many short corners that NN magically found themselves taking, which again Matt nearly saved.

The last 10-15 minutes saw us defending like demons (thus explaining one or two of the short corners) and trying to counter attack, but the numerical advantage that NN had finally ground us down. Given that we had a weakened team (in some part unnecessarily, but that's another story) we can count this as one of our better performances of the season. Everyone in the team put 100% in and you can't ask for more than that. It's a pity about the result and losing the unbeaten tag, but hey, the previous match's were damned good fun.

Hopefully we're ALL looking forward to the end of season dinner and next season Very Happy

Yours, Pablo.

p.mason.2@bham.ac.uk

Back to top Go down