Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller

+2
KellyO
Andy Taylor
6 posters

Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:12 am

Absolutely exhausted both mentally and physically tonight, and that’s just me the Coach!

What a day……… Where do I begin……

Firstly let me put the game into perspective.

Towcester are top of Midlands Div 1 having Played 6 Won 6, we are currently 7th in Midlands Feeder East having won once and scored only 4 goals in 6 matches, from that you would assume the result was inevitable, but for those there you couldn’t have believed how the match panned out.

Coming off the back of yesterdays defeat at Ashbourne and the effort put in by all players, confidence and overall fitness would surely be a factor.

The early morning meet at Watford Gap services saw around 40% of the squad arrive looking like they hadn’t slept for a week and had just run a Marathon, it was not looking good and I feared the worse.

But I have to admit …. I WAS WRONG!!!

There isn’t enough space to describe the match in full so here goes with a brief analysis of the goals.

1st Half

3 mins Towcester 0 – 1 Derby A Neilsen (Now we’ve upset them)

7 mins Towcester 1 – 1 Derby

16 mins Towcester 1 – 2 Derby A Neilsen (WOW we are in this you know)

18 mins Towcester 2 – 2 Derby

28 mins Towcester 2 – 3 Derby A Neilsen (Hat-trick. She’s back!)

34 mins Towcester 3 – 3 Derby

AND THAT’S ONLY THE 1st HALF !!!!!!!

2nd Half

36 mins Towcester 4 – 3 Derby (here we go, heads will drop now)

41 mins Towcester 5 – 3 Derby (its all over now, 2 goals is too great a margin)

53 mins Towcester 5 – 4 Derby L Skaife (Great finish, I wonder???)

56 mins Towcester 6 – 4 Derby (Arg! It’s definitely over now)

62 mins Towcester 6 – 5 Derby A Petrie (WHAT DO I KNOW)

68 mins Towcester 7 – 5 Derby (Final Nail goes in)

FULL TIME

An exhausted team finally leaves the pitch having been a part of possibly the greatest gutsy game ever played by this group of players, certainly since I came to the club last year (and speaking with Marie it may have been the best ever).

I would like to say that if we take into the rest of the season the performance and commitment shown this weekend, we will survive and someone will feel the wrath of what this team is capable of.

Anna is back scoring, Taran is playing out of her skin, the whole midfield is now a true hockey unit with aggression, pace and passing of the highest standards, all led by Laura and her goal contributions. The backs now see just what hard work brings, and under the huge leadership of Captain Marie Dymond the system we play is finally paying dividends with the 2 wingbacks flying.

The long ride back to Derby for the players in the Minibus kindly provided by Janice (thanks) was full of very tired players but all with a feeling of great satiaction having put in the performance of the season to date.

A huge note of thanks to all that made themselves available this weekend. Its a massive commitment that I ask of you especially as many of you have young families at home but I hope you all think it was worth it.

My commiserations also go to those who were unable to make it today and missed being a part of this outstanding game.

Great team performance, bring on Matlock next weekend.

Now time for Bed I'm KNAC***** Sleep

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty Re: Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller

Post  KellyO Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 pm

Well done girls. I was gutted I couldn't be there, but by the sounds of it, I don't know if my nerves could have handled it!! Well done all. xxxx
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty Re: Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller

Post  Annie Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:19 am

So much for waiting til today to write that report Taylor. Knew you wouldn't be able to keep away from the keyboard, too keen to share the great story... & what a story.

Hey girls, that's ace. Can you replay it so we can all watch these great skills???

Well done
xxx
Annie
Annie

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty what a team performance

Post  alison kerr Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:58 am

i think that i'm still on a high from our performances this weekend! or maybe it's nervous exhaustion. How can it be that we can still be the best team on the pitch, play the best hockey, dominate the game and still lose, yet on top of that still feel energised and more and more hooked by the game of hockey?

Perhaps it has something to do with feeling that in spite of the score, you are playing such high class hockey, with a quality side, part of a great club, and more importantly as part of a team who care, support and work for each other tirelessly. It really is a pleasure to turn up each week and spend my free time with such a great bunch of people. Can't wait for the next installment now. ali.

alison kerr

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty Wooo Hooo

Post  Admin Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:45 am

I'm so sad to have missed it. Am getting twitchier as time goes on...GET ME ON THAT PITCH! scratch

Well done girls....I'm so proud of you all and I know that it will only be a matter of time until we come away with the win we all deserve.

Bring it on!!!! bounce
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby Ladies run Towcester all the way in 12 goal thriller Empty What a team!

Post  Marie Dymond Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:18 am

Well done everyone for two brilliant days of hockey! I think Ali said it all, but I would just like to add that I am very proud to be Captain of this side! We are playing the best hockey that we ever have and I know that if we can continue in the same way we will easilly stay in this league.
Marie
xxx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down