Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester.

+3
Taran
Admin
Andy Taylor
7 posters

Go down

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. Empty Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester.

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:39 am

A cold day and a late start at Wilsthorpe saw Derby earn a fair draw against a resurgent Towcester team.

The game started very evenly but at a very high tempo with neither side able to carve open any clear cut opportunities as both defences dominated the early exchanges.

Towcester though continually played the long ball game and as we picked up on this old school tactic we came more into the game as we stood off and picked up the loose ball.

As a coach you are always looking for things we practice in training to be transferred on to the pitch and on 13 mins it was Becky Norman who did just that. Bex cut in from the left wing, drove at the top of the circle and as she crossed the line she uleashed a bullet undercut shot right into the roof of the goal from the full 16 mtrs out. STUNNING.

Derby 1 – 0 Towcester

We then settled into our normal flowing game with the midfield rotations working well but Towcester were still a dangerous opponent.

On 21 mins Towcester forced their 1st PC and following a great charge down by Marie the Towcester forward could not get her shot away but unfortunately for us the ball came off the foot for a 2nd corner.

As they injected the ball this time short to their centre back, she unleashed a shot of such ferocity that Lisa saw it too late to do anything about it and the ball crashed against the backboard.

Derby 1 – 1 Towcester

What happened next before the re-start involves a flying stick, the umpires blind spot, a Derby back (Amanda) winding up a Towcester forward that one of our players has serious anger management issues and you shouldn’t mess with her(quality Amanda).

Phew all was missed (hold that stick tighter Skipper)

As the half drew to a close another brilliant run down our left saw a slick slip move and a great lead run by Bex(I think) who crashed another shot towards goal only to see it rebound to safety off the post with the Towcester keeper stranded.

½ time

Derby 1 – 1 Towcester

The 2nd half was simply a midfield battle ground. Both teams came out feeling that they could take all 3 points and in an end – to – end encounter it was Towcester that had the first chance but a brilliant double save from Lisa kept out the threat.

On 50 mins Towcester came close again as somehow the centre forwards shot at goal from just 7 mtrs out came off the inside of the post and ran to safety.

But we had our chances too as we found ourselves on 3 occasions inside 6 mins with shot opportunities inside the Towcester circle but couldn’t get the right shot away.

With just 5 mins remaining we gambled on getting the goal we felt we deserved and as we pushed extra players forward we were caught on the break, the ball was played from Towcesters centre midfield to their centre forward just inside our ½ with no defenders near her. She ran 40 mtrs to a 1 on 1 with Lisa but in a display of superb goalkeeping Lisa forced the attacker onto lisa’s strong side and smothered her shot, great goal keeping.

But the drama hadn’t finished. With 3 to go we won another corner and just quite how the ball wasn’t touched in on the post as the shot came in was gutting. Yes a difficult opportunity but still one we created that on another day would have hit the net.

The final action of the game was the unfortunate injury to Anna as she very bravely closed down the centre back as she crashed the ball with tremendous power straight on to Anna foot.

If you want to know if it hurt the best way I can describe it is “Anna asked to come off!” that just doesn’t happen.

Final whistle

Derby 1 – 1 Towcester

Coaches Notes

Those that were there (thanks to the Lds 2’s and 3’s for supporting, it never goes un-noticed) will have seen a high quality, high tempo, highly anxious game full of great play.

We once again took the training ground onto the field and gained our rewards. Lisa was brilliant in goal pulling off a string of saves in a superb display. Now all we have to do is strap that stick to her glove and buy a roll of Strong tape for her MOUTH !!! (I Wouldn’t swop you though Lisa)

We have now put our disappointing start to the season behind us and are in 4th place and unbeaten in 5 (3 wins 2 draws).

Anna has contacted me to say the damage is not as bad as initially thought with no bone damage just a severe and very painful tissue injury.

A final note must go to both umpires. Our neutral umpire from Northampton paired up with Paul superbly. In recent weeks we have unarguably suffered at the hands of some questionable decision making but this pair were simply the best we have had as a pair in a long long time. Thanks to you both you enabled the game to flow and were firm and fair in your blowing. A pleasure to have you both on the field today.

p.s we didn’t even need our new tactic of Kath in the Mens room with the away umpire this week LOL (sorry Kath, but that one’s going to stick)

Well done Ladies lets just keep it going in to next weeks fixture away at Notts Uni.

Man of the Match

Lisa Richardson

Match DONKEY

Yours Truly

SOOOOOO NOT DESERVED !!!
A small slip of the tongue and the team pounced on me.
I'll get you my pretties

(I had a picture of myself here but Taran abused me to take it down. Not one to disregard a players requests I have done so...........

And replaced it with this.

Revenge is a dish best served COLD MU HA HA HA HA

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. 310823_313857685291209_100000009416931_1282579_2147477656_n

Last edited by Andy Taylor on Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. Empty Re: Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester.

Post  Admin Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:05 am

Ummm, the fact that my stick departed from my hand was nothing more than a accident...I am not proud of almost knocking out a member of the opposition! Shocked

Anyway, I though I kept my mouth shut mostly this week but I defo heard Nigel again!!!

I always know when I had a busy game when I'm not able to walk the next day...and thanks Mand for making the opposition think I'm a crazy psycho with anger management issues. Mad Rarr, lol

Did Bex get nominated for the Donkey hat for tripping herself up? Bless!

Andy, you need to get 'a breast' of the situation and get 'a breast' when you need it. Classic!!! Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. Empty Re: Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester.

Post  Taran Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:07 am

First things first, hard fought match yesterday, but I think a fair result! Skipper i like the way you lead by example, a well deserved man of the match.Becky thank you for providing the during match entertainment - thoroughly enjoyed it!! Hehe

Now onto the serious business, ANDREW TAYLOR, i hate you soooo much, you are a BIG (take that exactly as it's meant) meany and I am totally going to follow skippers example and throw some sticks at you on tuesday!! So be warned and as I've already told you the BREST is upto u!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Taran
Taran

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:24 am

Oh Taran Taran Taran.

In response to your threats to throw sticks at me on Tuesday at training may I point out that i've been coaching you now for 5 seasons, I know you so well, I've seen you shoot, I know i'm safe.

You just set em up Taz and i'll just knock 'em out of the park. LMAO
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:43 am

And I've seen you run coach, plus i'm aiming for a MUCH bigger target than the usual goals so I still fancy my chances!!! Hehe
Taran
Taran

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:08 am

Lol, how funny is this! Taran, I can help you get your eye in with the stick throwing if you like... Lol Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nigel Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:09 am

Firstly, great game played by two even teams. Everyone put their 110% in as ever and I can't fault our performance yesterday. On other days maybe the luck in front of goal would of gone our way, but on the other hand towcester didn't have any luck as well. Mainly down to some awesomeness by skipper. Great game Lisa SmileSmileSmile

Secondly, Lisa... How can you tell me off for shouting when you can throw a hockey stick further than Fatima whitbread can throw a javelin. Lol

Thirdly, can't really remember taking the photo of Taran!!! Hat does suit you Taran though.

Manager

nigel
nigel

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:45 am

Once again OH DEAR TARAN

A personal insult about my weight ! tut tut tut

Just to keep you abreast of the situation, surely you of all people should realise size doesn't matter, just look at the GOALS FOR column by your name for the season !

OUCH !!!

Keep it coming Tazzy if you dare, I've got plenty more

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. Dr_evil
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. Empty we've come a long way since jolly hockey sticks!!!

Post  ali kerr Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:07 am

Really girls, girls, girls,

it will be detention with short corner practice before you know it.
Fascinating to watch the banter though!
Boy I'm glad we're such a united front - talking of fronts, maybe it's time to quit now whilst we are all still abreast!

Oh no, I think we need a PE teacher to intervene here before the hair pullling starts - Marie - where are you?????
xx sorry couldn't resit!

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Taran Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:11 am

Andy, as if i'm going to let a few silly words bother me!! FAT chance!! Hehe
Ali I see you're point, but 'he started it'!!! Lol
Taran
Taran

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Taylor Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:41 am

OK OK enough ladies. Ill see you all Tuesday night.

Final Post before I retire for the evening, off to Guildford for 2 days.......................

You can write your own tag lines

TARAN

Derby Lds 1st XI stretch unbeaten run to 5 after home draw with Towcester. 388569_314029068607404_100000009416931_1283352_715131207_n
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:57 am

You lot have been busy today! I think Ali's right - detention for all on Tuesday night! Make sure you're there or the consequences won't be good!!!

On a serious note, I really enjoyed the game yeaterday. Well played everyone!

xx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  paul.bradley Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 am

Andy thanks for the comments Umpires often get forgotten but we do try to do our best.

From the after match comments I think I need to develope eyes in the back of my head!!! Good job for Lisa I don't have them yet!! Very Happy Very Happy

Team is improving all the time but I'm still waiting to see a league win at home!!

Paul
paul.bradley
paul.bradley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down