Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches

5 posters

Go down

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches Empty 4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches

Post  Andy Taylor Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am

As I turn on the PC, open the traditional celebratory can of Stella (or 3) I once again reach deep into the memory banks of my very old brain to create another great work of fact based fiction – or is it Fiction based Fact - that can be loosely referred to as

“the Match Report”

With thoughts all week of what a tough game this was going to be I didn’t actually make my mind up about the line up and tactics until about 10 mins before the team meet – but I got there in the end….. PHEW !!

The pitch was AWFUL, muddy, wet, slippery, lines of wet paint you couldn’t stand up on and a great slope from the A52 end towards the city, not what you would expect from the proud banner stating a “Centre of excellence for England Hockey” at the end of the pitch, but it was the same for both teams so we all suffered.

The Team talk was of dominating the game from the off against a very young, fit, strong Uni side and we did just that……… for 5 mins until they scored……bugger !

Notts Uni 1 – 0 Derby

We came back well though and on 12 minutes it was Anna who found herself on the end of a superb Midfield / Forward move just inside the top ‘D’, she unleashed a bullet strike which beat the Uni keeper and headed in towards the goal to make it 1-1. HOWEVER in an act of total selfishness it was Becky who in a cunning and very sly move had slithered into prime position at the far post to STEAL the goal from Anna, getting a touch on the ball from 1.73 inches out. ANNA WAS GUTTED !!! Very funny though.

Notts Uni 1 – 1 Derby

With the playing staff relaxed it was left to Helena on the bench to have her influence on the game as she continually kept yours truly under control following many many many interesting decisions from the home umpire and my inability to KEEP IT SHUT. She was so pleasant to me in asking me to keep calm it was a real “Mouse calming the Elephant moment”

Anyway back to the match……………..

On 23 mins the whole pitch was stunned into silence as we all witnessed a truly incredible event that some would say was the stuff of Fairy Tales or Ancient Greek Mythology, it was a real Haley’s Comet moment…

TARAN SCORED !

Derby lead or the first time.

Notts Uni 1 – 2 Derby

As the game restarted we began to really dominate the match, the students heads went down and it was important that we took advantage of this slip in their high tempo approach but despite the best effort of all we just couldn’t squeeze the ball over the line.

Oh I forgot to say Lisa did make a save…… and Manager finally turned up !!!!

……….. excuse me just opening another beer………Ahhh that’s better…

Ok where was I, oh yes

As the ½ time whistle approached another blistering attack down the right flank saw Anna crash a ball into the ‘D’ and following mayhem with defenders trying to clear and forwards trying to get on the end of the ball, it was Laura P who kept the calmest and found space to slot the ball home for a great way to finish the ½.

Notts Uni 1 – 3 Derby

Half Time

A calming ½ time team talk saw us go out with a different approach in the 2nd half this week, we set up to try and NOT give up the lead ……… a radical approach I’m sure you’ll all agree.

We started on the back foot though as the Uni threw everything at us, but great defending particularly from Ali and Marie shut the defensive doors on any attempts.

A change in formation saw us try to shut up shop with 10 to go and 3-1 up, but with the best move of the match on 60 mins it was Laura Skaife that finished a stunning full length of the field move involving 8 different Derby players touching the ball, as she swept home from 7 yards to improve the situation to our advantage.

Notts Uni 1 – 4 Derby

I suppose at this stage I have to mention the green card on 61 mins……………. It was an act of sheer verbal petulance towards the umpire that could have had a severe detrimental effect on the final result, an act of stupidity that someone with as much experience as they have should have known better,

this has to stop,

eventually this will cost us & I’M SORRY. (fine duly paid).

So the game runs out with us getting another win.

Notts Uni 1 – 4 Derby

Final notes….

A great result in a very tricky game. We have now gone 6 games since our last defeat winning 4 away from home, that’s very very good form.

Everyone played their part today but I have to admit Parker was brilliant. Anna’s contribution also didn’t go un-noticed; although she didn’t score today she did have a major part in 3 of the 4 we did score.

Ali was fantastic at the back and Marie simply solid as a rock.

We are all enjoying Hockey at the moment and long may it continue, a great bunch of girls who put everything into every match, I can’t ask for more.

Right enough writing, I’m going out now to buy a few more beers to celebrate the 1st half of the season being over with and finishing it in great style.

Proud of you ladies.

Man of the match

Laura Parker

Match Donkey

Yours Truely (AGAIN)
Andy Taylor
Andy Taylor

Back to top Go down

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches Empty ready for the build up

Post  ali kerr Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:30 am

so it's Saturday night, the kids have had their tea and are happy, a text has come to say match report on line - I'm ready and waiting for the flurry of exchanges, the insult;, in, out; he said, she said, to get me in the mood - a warm up to the judges argueing on Strictly and what do I find? Answer, a happy factual match report! I am disappointed - maybe the green card got to you Andy, or is it the stella glow?.

Having said that, it was a good match report and accurate- full of positives because that's what the game was - a good team round effort, with slick passing, transfers and communication across the pitch - and we even extended our half time lead - hoorah. Thoroughly enjoyed a quality game against a quality position. Well done team.

Have a good Indoors tournament tommorrow girls - looking forward to Tuesday training.
x
ali

ali kerr

Back to top Go down

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches Empty New member to the forum...

Post  BEX Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:37 am

Coach T has made me an account so here i am girls, procrastinating like crazy and doing no work!
Firstly, I definitely didn't steal Anna's goal, it was going wide and until now had thought she was passing it! But that aside.. I think we played mega today Smile and it was thoroughly enjoyable! Obviously I'm biased, but I'm loving playing up front at the moment: the free-flowing, fast, expansive hockey is amazing, and it's genuinely great fun to be playing alongside my other forwards and roving midfielders!
But we wouldn't be able to play with such freedom if it wasn't for the solid defence behind us.
Emotional revision break over.... back to revising!
See you next week everybody for another cracking match.
BEX
BEX

Back to top Go down

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches Empty Re: 4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches

Post  Anna Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:43 am

Now I will be honest... It was a shot / cross. I saw Becky heading towards far post so I angled my shot in that direction knowing that if (and most probably) it went wide she'd be there to pick up the pieces! I'd hav done the same! I had to stop myself tapping Taran's over the line!

But congratulations all on another win! My kit is all in the wash and I have scrubbed my shoes clean!! Very Happy
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches Empty Re: 4 goals see Ladies 1st extend unbeaten run to 6 matches

Post  KellyO Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:45 am

That is the first time i have seen becky post anything so it must be exam week!! Get on with your revision young lady!!! Seriously though, well played everyone. a deserved win.
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down