Match Reports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!!

+4
Joanna Mullis
shezza
Gill
cfeeney
8 posters

Go down

Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!! Empty Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!!

Post  cfeeney Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:23 pm

There have been seasons I have played for derby asterdale where we have only managed 6 points all season so it gives me great pleasure to report on 6 points in one weekend.

Saturday - Ashbourne 3rds

I think we would all agree that this wasn't the best game of hockey we have played this season. But that said we still put in a good shift. The first half was our best with 3 well worked goals with the team showing some intricate hockey moves. Jenny Gooding scoring her first 2 goals for asterdale, more to come we hope. The 3rd goal came from a lovely flick from Tracey. A slightly strange game, it wasn't pretty but we stuck together and ground out a result.

3 points in the bag.

Sunday - Matlock 4ths - Top of the league battle!!!

I think it was obvious from the moment we got there that Matlock wanted to win this game. With us and them starting to move away from the rest of the pack at the top of the league this was a vital game to win if we are to get promoted. With a slightly different team to normal we knew it was going to be a hard match - and it was.

I can honestly say that I have never seen a team so determined to win as us today. The whole team put in such an effort, we were relentless, every single player played there socks off. After about 10 mins we went 1-0 down, a position we were not used to and when Matlock celebrated like they had won the league this only spured us on even more and our response was to score. I think this goal made us believe we could win the game. Pushing forward to try take the lead we were undone by a quick break which resulted in Matlock going 2-1 up. Again we responded with another goal At half time we regrouped and came out fighting. As Matlock seemed to "lose it" we kept calm and stuck to our game which saw the team rewarded with another goal. The last 10 mins of the game was the hardest we had ever fought, our determination saw us through and with the final result Matlock 4ths 2 - Derby Asterdale 3, we were victorious. Todays scorers - Marie, Janice and Tracey.

An excellent weekend of hockey and a well deserved 6 points. This leaves is still unbeaten at the top of the league 3 points clear.

Thanks to Neil to for rushing over after his game to umpire for us, really appreciate it. Thanks also to the supporters who came to watch an spur us on.

cfeeney

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!! Empty Re: Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!!

Post  Gill Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Well done Ladies. A great weekend. Just shows the strength and determination of the team to fight back and to justly claim the 3 points today. Just 4 more games to go. Lets concentrate and get back to Division 1 where we should be.

Gill

Back to top Go down

Post  shezza Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:08 pm

Well Ladies 2nds - I just wanted to say how proud I am of the team whilst I am floating around in a eurphoric state! I agree with Colette that we have played a lot better hockey than we have in these two games over the weekend....but who cares!!!! I think today's effort from everyone was faultless especially keeping calm and controlled under difficult circumstances. To come back from being behind twice and then to win the game was a dream come true. This team thoroughly deserves success so lets keep our heads and onwards and upwards Ladies!! Let there be plenty more goal celebrations tongue bounce

shezza

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!! Empty What A Weekend

Post  Joanna Mullis Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:04 am

The 2nds Rock - it's official !

Not only did we have to play two big games this weekend and grind out two results both difficult for different reasons, we showed the kind of grit and determination that a side going for promotion needs !!

We need to finish this season with as much vigour as this weekend and we have the squad to do it ! Again the two matches were a complete team effort and came with valid support from our band of intrepid spectators. I know Sheridan's Dad and Ian made a difference to me over the weekend, especially on the Sun - Thank you.

And Sunday's game came after an awesome team night out ! - I think we laughed constantly whilst sat round the table. It's a pleasure ladies, it really is Very Happy
Joanna Mullis
Joanna Mullis

Back to top Go down

Ladies 2nds 6 point weekend!!! Empty well done ladies

Post  alison kerr Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:55 am

fantastic news ladies - well done on what sounds like a very pleasurable weekend all round - really pleased for you all - it will be good to see you back where you belong next season! Good luck for the remaining matches - come on!!!!!

alison kerr

Back to top Go down

Post  Marie Dymond Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:07 am

Well done Ladies! What a fantastic result yesterday against Matlock under very difficult circumstances! It sounds as though you've had a great weekend!

Thank you for asking me to play for you - it was a pleasure and I really enjoyed it. Good luck for the remainder of the season you deserve every success and I'm sure you are going to go on and win the league!

Marie
xxx
Marie Dymond
Marie Dymond

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

Wooo Hoooo

Go girls. Really well done on this weekends results. Fantastic news cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://derbyasterdalehc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:20 am

What can I say we were awesome?

I know I personally was not feeling 100% after the night out on Saturday (all self inflicted) but we played a blinder all weekend.

The game on Saturday was not our best as we were pulled out of position constantly but we still rose to the occasion and gave them nothing, working for each other and achieving the right result in the end and a well deserved win.

But the best was to come on Sunday. This game was fantastic - I have never seen 13 players laughing and smiling so much, especially when Marie upset the opposition - oh I so wish I’d had a camera - priceless moment, which I don’t think the Matlock opposition, will ever live down! The supporters were excellent too shouting encouragement at all times and taking charge of the substitutions with amazing precision.

We just need to keep this up now and not throw any points on silly games - play our game and show them that we deserve to be back in Division 1.

Thanks to all for a fantastic weekend - shame we have to wait until end of Feb to do it again.

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  KellyO Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 pm

Well done you 2s. Really good results and an obvious outstanding team spirit.

Bring on the league title....
KellyO
KellyO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down